Today PSN users will finally be able to get their hands on the latest title from Team 17, Worms 2: Armageddon. Veterans of the Worms franchise will find themselves right at home with the in-depth single player campaign and standard multiplayer. Newcomers can build their skills with the Tutorials and Firing Range modes, and take the game online to compete with other players.
Business Developement Director of Team 17, Martyn Brown, had this to say about the release:
“We’re delighted to finally bring Wormsâ„¢ 2: Armageddon to PSN and we’re sure it’ll provide a huge hit with fans of the game, especially with the great new customisation options and the addition of some new and classic weaponry for this platform. We’ve taken time to really polish this edition and it looks fantastic in 1080p and as usual, provides endless hours of mayhem on or offline.”
Other than the transition to 1080p HD graphics Worms 2: Armageddon also sports other key features including:
- Up to 1080p resolution for amazing visuals and detail.
- Headset supported.
- Tons of voices and customization options.
- Full online or offline multi-player for up to four players over a wealth of game modes — beginner, intermediate, pro, races, forts and crazy crates!
- Hilarious Sony endorsed hats for the Worms to wear out on the battlefield — Sackboy, Motorstorm, Lemmings, Helghast and Buzz hats are all available for unlocking!
- All new improved landscape generator for unlimited random level design
- Play standard or ranked games in a bid to scale the leaderboards.
- 27 Trophies to collect.
I am especially excited for two things: the hats (especially Sackboy) and the voices, because everything sounds hilarious when it's high pitched. My earliest memory of Worms is from college when a group of friends and I used to play over the network with others in our dorm. You would hear the cries of defeat down the halls as we rained down mortars, bombs and all kinds of artillary on each other, and it goes without saying that fun times were had by all. Judging by the trailer below it looks like PSN users will have a blast with this title.
Were those exploding ferrets I saw? If you're finding the thought of worms firing high explosive rodents at each other to be a bit overwhelming, there will also be a a demo available today for download. We also have some screenshots of the game including a shot of what the unlockable hats will look like.
[gallery link="file" columns="2" exclude="40702"]
Excited about Worms finally reaching PSN, Ranters?
Worms 2: Armageddon will be available today on PlayStation Network for $14.99. Ranters, are you ready to take these invertebrates into battle?! Fall in, and sound off in the comments!