Blizzard unleashed this beast of a Collector's Edition today.$79.99 worth of exclusive World of Warcraft: Cataclysm gear that is sure to cure even the worst of debuffs. Bury your character in the various rarities from World of Warcraft, reminding yourself that the Cataclysm may very well destroy your social life as well. The World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition will include:
CATACLYSM EXCLUSIVE BEHIND-THE-SCENES DVD:
- Over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, discussing the game's development from early design through finished gameplay.
- The Cataclysm intro cinematic and major content patch trailers complete with Director's Commentary.
- A special Warcraft retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.
COLLECTOR'S EDITION SOUNDTRACK:
- Seventeen epic tracks from Cataclysm, featuring exclusive bonus tracks.
THE ART OF CATACLYSM:
- 176 pages of art, featuring never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Film Department and the World of Warcraft development team.
- Progressive visuals from every stage of development - from early concepts through to finished, detailed art.
WORLD OF WARCRAFT: CATACLYSM PC/MAC GAME:
- The full World of Warcraft expansion set on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM.
WORLD OF WARCRAFT TRADING CARD GAME STARTER PACKS AND EXCLUSIVE CARDS:
- One 60-card deck from the new Wrathgate series featuring two extended art cards and visuals from several of fantasy's top creators.
- Two exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the WOW:TCG.
- One full-sized rule book to teach you how to play
EXCLUSIVE IN-GAME PET:
- He may not be a breaker of worlds... at least not yet... but Lil' Deathwing will still aid you in your titanic struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.
- A special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.
I've purchased Collector's Editions for MMOs before, including expansions like the Lord of the Rings: Online's Mines of Moria, but honestly I didn't purchase them for the swag so much as to support the game. I'm not sure if the items included in this Collector's Edition are necessarily worth the $80 (a mouse pad? seriously), but if you're a fan of World of Warcraft it's almost certainly a must buy.
The art-book and soundtrack would be great items to put into your bookshelf, and what goblin or worgen wouldn't love to come strutting out of the starting area with a baby Deathwing on their shoulder. As for the trading cards, well, I'm sure if they're especially rare they'll be worth something sooner or later.
Is the assortment of various rare items and oddities worth the extra spending to you, Ranters? Isn't Li'l Deathwing the cutest pet you've ever seen?
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is due for release in 2010 for the PC and Mac. Expect to hear more details during BlizzCon 2010!