Diablo’s 20th anniversary celebrations arrive and bring a secret cow level to World of Warcraft where players can earn a limited time achievement and some sweet loot.
The 20th anniversary of Diablo has arrived and that means that it’s time for Blizzard fans to start celebrating. Although things have been quite on the Diablo front since the Necromancer DLC was announced, there are still plenty of ways to celebrate the classic PC game’s creation. Starting with today’s patch, World of Warcraft players are able to begin the festivities by uncovering the secret cow level. Shhh… It’s supposed to be a secret.
World of Warcraft is full of references to other Blizzard games, including a new Ogrewatch parody of Overwatch, so players have always been on the hunt for a reference to Diablo 2’s cow level. Up until this point there was no true WoW tribute to the classic meme-worthy Diablo 2 level, but that changes today.
The Diablo’s 20th Anniversary event is now live and players have started discovering the secret of the hidden cow level and spilling the beans on where to find it. Wowhead has already created a video detailing how to take down the army of cows and earn the achievement…
- To get to the secret cow level, players must first find a Treasure Goblin. The special Diablo-inspired goblins spawn outdoors in the Broken Isles, in Legion dungeons of any difficulty, and in the Dalaran Sewers. Killing the goblin before it finishes casting Escape Portal will open a portal to the Secret Cow Level. The goblins are pretty tough, so we recommend bringing a group along.
- After arriving in the special realm, a new version of the Yorgen Farmstead in Duskwood, players will encounter hordes of Diabolic Bovine and the Rare Elite The Cow King who drops special items.
- The special loot can only be collected once per day per character, similar to how special loot works with the Headless Horseman and other holiday bosses.
- According to Wowhead, dying in the phased version of Duskwood will phase players out of it completely.
- Characters do not need to be max-level to enter the portal.
- The Diablo’s 20th Anniversary achievement is unlocked by learning the twelve-string guitar, which is dropped by The Cow King.
There will be other events associated with the Diablo Anniversary, so check back for updates and more details. Until then, we recommend slaying The Cow King daily and loading up on loot in celebration of the PC classic.
Will you be logging into WoW to visit the cow level and earn the Diablo’s 20th Anniversary achievement? Let us know in the comments.
World of Warcraft: Legion is available now for PC.