While frequent denials from Sony and Microsoft point towards there being no unveilings of a PS3 or Xbox 360 successor, respectively, at E3 2012, it's been long confirmed that Nintendo will hold nothing back as they fully showcase the Wii U (or whatever name they change it to if rumors are true).
Questions about the pricing, power and features of the system, its tablet controller, compatibility with Wii accessories, its online functionality and of course, its launch line-up will finally be answered - Unless of course, it leaks early...
According to what seems like an unlikely and unbelievable source of Dual Pixels, the Wii U digital launch line-up may have already been unveiled. Their inside source reveals a questionable, yet super interesting list of the eShop launch titles potentially coming to Nintendo's next home console this fall in time for the holiday season. Take a look and be surprised:
- Professor Layton Chronicles (Level 5)
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete (Activision) (Launch)
- GoldenEye 007: Reloaded (Activision) (Launch)
- World of Warcraft (Activision) (Launch)
- Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops (Capcom)
- Okamiden HD (Capcom) (Launch)
Electronic Arts (EA)
- Boom Blox Wii U (EA)
- NFL Blitz Touchdown (EA)
- Burnout: Rush Hour (EA) (Launch)
- Shank 2 (EA) (Launch)
- Crysis (EA) (Launch)
- Bit Trip Runner 2 (Gaijan Games) (Launch)
- Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)
- Meteos (Namco Bandai)
- Pac-Man Battle Royal (Namco Bandai) (Launch)
- Dragon Nest (Nexon)
- Big Brain University (Nintendo) (Launch)
- Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch)
- Fluidity: Toxic (Nintendo) (Launch)
- Protocol (Sabarasa) (Launch)
- Rodea the Sky Soldier (SEGA)
- Renegade Ops 2 (SEGA)
- Phantasy Star Online 2 (SEGA) (Launch)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (SEGA) (Launch)
- Big Head Bash (Spicy Horse) (Launch)
- Demon's Score (Square Enix/Epic)
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Square Enix)
- The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) (Launch)
- UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium
- Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded (Ubisoft)
- I Am Alive (Ubisoft) (Launch)
- DotA 2 (Valve)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve) (Launch)
A lot of the titles actually make sense with a few surprising exceptions, most notably, World of Warcraft from Activision Blizzard. That game coming to consoles would be a shocker, but it would allow the monster MMO to bump up their subscriber numbers which have dipped lately thanks to Star Wars: The Old Republic. With Diablo III all but confirmed for a console release from Blizzard as well, it does lend credence to such a thing.
If the leaked list was remotely true, keep in mind that it represents only eShop titles and does not include full retail releases for which, we know there will be many. Most of those will be games that have already released on the PS3 and Xbox 360 of course, but games like Batman: Arkham City, Assassin's Creed and EA Sports titles for instance, will come with new gameplay features thanks to the Wii U tablet controller.
What games would you like to see come to the Wii U? We'd love to see a shocker like Grand Theft Auto V, as rumored last year, as well as the entire Mass Effect trilogy released as a collection. That would earn Nintendo the hardcore audience they're aiming to appeal to.
Follow me on Twitter @rob_keyes.
Source: Dual Pixels