Microsoft heavily relied on Titanfall in its launch window, using it to market an Xbox One bundle that included the game. As the console continues to lag in sales behind its primary competitor in Sony’s PlayStation 4, Microsoft is pulling out all the stops at Gamescom 2014 to do everything they can in getting more consoles in more hands come this holiday season.
It began by dropping the Kinect requirement early this summer, which resulted in a price drop of $100 for the console, putting it on par with the PS4. Now, Microsoft is offering a multitude of new game-focused bundles for special edition consoles that’ll help boost the player base this holiday season… and potentially make some Xbox One owners regret jumping in early.
Available for pre-order today, the previously leaked and now confirmed Xbox One Special Edition “Sunset Overdrive” Bundle comes with a unique white edition console (similar to the one Microsoft employees got at launch), the game and more for $399.99 U.S. ERP.
- White console and controller — available to consumers for the first time
- Full game download token for “Sunset Overdrive”
- All Day One Edition downloadable content, including the Nothin’ but the Hits gun, a custom Fizzie outfit and the Hardcore! Hammer
The Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle will be available at retailers (including Microsoft stores) in worldwide Xbox One regions while supplies last, beginning with the game’s North American launch on October 28, 2014.
Also available now for pre-order and in limited supply only, the Xbox One Limited Edition “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare” Bundle includes a beefed up and custom-designed hardware for what may be the year’s biggest game:
- Custom Xbox One console with 1 terabyte hard drive and in-game sound effects
- Custom Wireless Controller
- Digital full-game download of the “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare” Day Zero Edition, featuring early access and double XP on November 3, plus two in-game custom weapons: the AK-12 G Assault Rifle and Crossbow-B2
- Additional in-game bonus content:
- Limited Edition bundle exoskeleton
- Advanced Arsenal which features the custom EM1 Quantum directed-energy weapon and a bullet brass exoskeleton
- Digital Edition Personalization Pack
- 1 Chat headset, HDMI cable, and power supply
New Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Xbox One screenshots:
Lastly, a third Xbox One bundle was announced for Europe featuring FIFA 15. It’s also available for pre-order beginning today for £349.99/â‚¬399.99 ERP while supplies last and comes with:
- Xbox One Console
- Xbox One Controller
- 14 Day Live Trial
- HDMI Cable
- Chat Headset
- Digital token for “FIFA 15”
- With An Ultimate Team Legends Gold Pack
The Call of Duty and Sunset Overdrive bundles are far more exciting and seem to offer more value than the FIFA 15 package and previously announced Madden NFL 15 Xbox One Bundle which outside of coming with a code of their respective EA Sports titles (and a Gold pack for FIFA or three Ultimate Team Pro Packs for Madden), come with nothing special or unique on the hardware front. It’s a standard Xbox One console, controller and headset designed for consumers who want their favorite sports title more than other games. The above, newly announced non-EA bundles however, offer uniquely designed consoles and in the case of Call of Duty, even a bigger hard drive which is very important given storage issues many of us on Game Rant are already experiencing with the system.
Are you looking to get an Xbox One? Which bundle would you get?
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare releases November 4, 2014. Sunset Overdrive releases October 28, 2014. FIFA 15 releases September 25, 2014 in Europe (September 23 in North America). Madden NFL 15 releases August 26, 2014.
Follow Rob on Twitter @rob_keyes.