Today at its E3 press conference, Nintendo has announced the title for the new Smash Bros game, which is now called Super Smash Ultimate. The name is absolutely fitting for the game, as it is likely the biggest game crossover in history. In addition to revealing all 64 characters that will be in Super Smash Ultimate, Nintendo has also indicated gameplay changes for some of the returning characters.
Most of the characters have undergone some changes in the forthcoming Switch exclusive. Those curious to see what Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has in store for their favorite fighters
- Mario: Mario will be able to wear his wedding and builder outfits.
- Link: Link's bombs are now remotely detonated and his final smash releases ancient arrow.
- Ice Climbers: When Nana is gone, you are in serious trouble, so they will be working together.
- Ike: Ike's Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn outfits are back!
- Pikachu: There is a female Pikachu with a heart-shaped tail. Pikachu Libre is also a girl.
- Fox: Fox wears the Star Fox Zero outfit.
- Falco: Falco's final smash features a ship formation.
- Ryu: In one-on-one fights, Ruy always faces his opponents, just like the arcade version.
- Samus: Samus's charge shots can now power up in mid-air.
- Marth: Marth's dancing blade is much faster and easier to unleash. Marth is also now fully voiced in English.
- King Dedede: King Dedede's final smash is a cage fight in which he unleashes a jet hammer.
- Zelda: Zelda is in her Breath of the Wild outfit, and her moves are much more regal and elegant than before. Her final smash is now also Triforce of Wisdom.
- Sonic: Sonic's final smash is lighting fast!
- Pokemon Trainer: Fight with Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charizard. Pokemon can also be freely changed during battles and you can play as a female Pokemon trainer.
- Captain Falcon: Captain Falcon triggers a slow-motion effect during one-on-one fights and the Big Blue Stage returns.
- Cloud: See Cloud's limit gauge at all times and wear classic Final Fantasy 7 outfits.
- Mr. Game & Watch: He looks more like the original games.
- Young Link: Young Link makes three links for the first time and they unite!
- Wolf: Wolf's design is also based on Star Fox Zero and his moves have been upgraded.
- Kirby: Kirby has a copy ability for every fighter in the game.
- Shulk: Manado Arts can be directly selected and no longer needs repeated button presses. Fiora is also added to his final smash.
- Ganondorf: Ganondorf turns into Demon King Ganon for his final smash.
- Mii Fighter: There are three fighting types and all their moves have been enhanced. You can also choose from twelve voice options.
- Pit: Pit's new final smash is a lighting chariot.
- Zero Suit Samus: She uses her power suit to fire a laser for her final smash.
- Bayonetta: Bayonetta's costumes from the first two games are available, and she has differences in sound effects.
- Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong's final smash is rapid-fire punches, and his facial expressions are also more detailed.
- Little Mac: Little Mac's final smash is now a rush of blows called Giga Mac.
- Ness: Paula and Poo are here to support Ness!
- Lucas: Lucas is supported by Kumatora and Boney.
- Wii Fit Trainer: Wii Fit Trainer's face has changed slightly.
- Mega Man: Mega Man's final smash includes Proto Man and Bass.
- Palutena: Palutena now has a set special attack for each move and her Down Special is now a counter and reflector.
- R.O.B.: R.O.B has a new gauge that shows how much fuel he has left for hovering.
- Lucina and Dark Pit: They have now become Echo Fighters.
From this extensive list, it is clear that Nintendo is going to great lengths to keep on making the Nintendo Switch games as exciting for players as it can. We look forward to experiencing the multitude of fighters in Super Smash Ultimate later this year.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate releases December 7, 2018, exclusively for Nintendo Switch.