For those out there who are killing hour upon hour of their time taking on opponents in the multiplayer portion of StarCraft II, it might be seen as blasphemy to suggest that the game is somewhat broken. Well, there don't seem to be any game-breaking problems with the game since the last patch, but Blizzard has now released the latest Patch 1.2.1. to take care of some issues.
There's no denying that the game could do just fine without constant updating and fixing, as it easily claimed our award for best multiplayer game of 2010. And if the developers have shown one thing, it's that they have no problem taking their time to perfect a property. Given the description of the changes that Patch 1.2.1. have brought, it's already looking like the glitches and bugs are becoming smaller and smaller.
Blizzard has summed up the changes made with the patch, and players whose games have been plagued with technical problems that seem to be more of an annoyance than a failure might now be able to restart a new campaign. Not that you would need any excuse, since the Terran campaign will have to tide us over for who knows how long.
If you have yet to jump into the game since the patch launched, take a look at the corrections you have to look forward to:
- Matchmaking has been updated to better match players queuing with pre-made teams in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 brackets.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the title of a conversation window was scaling rather than truncating.
- Fixed an issue where the Match History score screen was displaying "Null" for the map info for all games played before Patch 1.2.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players to be improperly disconnected from a game.
- (Mac) Fixed an issue that would cause the Control key to become stuck when holding Control and minimizing the game window, then going back to the game window and attempting to use Control+1 to create a control group.
- Fixed an issue with foliage that would die and become visible through the fog of war when a player spawned as zerg.
- Fixed an issue where copied-and-pasted units were not set to the correct height in-game.
- Fixed an issue where the table view scroll-bar position was reset when switching objects.
- Fixed an issue where secondary sort priorities were not working properly. Model name is now the secondary sort so that models are listed in alphabetical order after being sorted by the mod they are contained in.
With another patch under their belt, any crazy enough to think that Blizzard wouldn't be giving their latest blockbuster the support it deserved should be able to stop worrying.
So what do the fans think? Are these issues few and far between, or much needed? Any other issues that you hope the development team gets around to, or are you happy dealing with a few bugs so they can get back to Heart of the Swarm?
StarCraft II is available now for the PC and Mac.
Source: Battle.netLatest Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 5 Leak May Reveal Next Fighter
Leave A Comment