It’s time to get serious. Forget all the fancy modern first person shooters that add RPG elements and cover mechanics. Sam “Serious” Stone is back and ready to kick butt the old-fashioned way in Serious Sam 3: BFE. Continue reading for the new trailer, new screenshots, the official release date and all kinds of details regarding the upcoming game’s release.
Serious Sam 3: BFE will launch for PC at the low price of $39.99, which – according to Croteam – allows fans to make fun of their friends who are spending $60 on a FPS only to sit behind cover half the time. Shooters like Halo: Reach, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and the recent Deus Ex: Human Revolution are all great, but it’s nice to see a game that is unabashedly old-school.
Serious Sam 3: BFE certainly revels in its classic FPS style. Its graphics are clean, but noticeably old-school, and all the enemies simply run straight at the player. That being said, Serious Sam 3 looks like it may succeed where Duke Nukem Forever failed. Croteam is not promising anything more than a “true arcade-style FPS game with the non-stop brutal action the series is known for” and don’t seem to be forcing Sam in any unnatural directions.
Not sure what to expect from a Serious Sam game? The trailer below explains things rather bluntly.
Fantastical enemies and over-the-top action, staples of the Serious Sam franchise, are back in force for Serious Sam 3. If the trailer caught your interest, check out the gore-filled screenshot gallery below.
Developer Croteam and publisher Devolver Digital have teamed up with Steam to offer a ridiculous amount of Steam-exclusive deals. Check out the impressive list below.
- A serious 10% discount off of Serious Sam 3: BFE preorder on Steam (priced at $39.99 USD)
- A super serious additional 10% discount off of Serious Sam 3: BFE for customers that already own a Serious Sam title on Steam.
- Timed exclusive Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker multiplayer avatar for use in Serious Sam 3: BFE
- All Serious Sam HD titles and bundles will be available on Steam at a 66% off discount
Also, for those curious we have a preview of what the Fork Parker multiplayer skin will look like. This has to be worth it.
Croteam has been creating Serious Sam games since 2001 and they are definitely showing that they still know how to cater to PC gamers. On top of the Steam extravaganza above, they are also offering a jam-packed Serious Sam 3: BFE Digital Serious Edition for truly serious fans. The Serious Edition includes all of the following.
- Serious Sam: First and Second Encounter Classic, Giftable if Already Owned
- Exclusive Making-Of Serious Sam 3: BFE Video
- Exclusive Gold Fork Parker and Gold Serious Sam Multiplayer Character
- Timed Exclusive Brett Sanderson Headless Kamikaze Multiplayer Character
- Timed Exclusive DLC: Sniper Scope for AS-24 “Devastator” Weapon
- Complete Collection of High-Res Serious Sam 3: BFE Trailers and Game Videos
- Official Sound Track Composed by Damjan Mravunac and Undercode
- Digital Artbook, High-Res Posters and Box Art
The verdict is still out, but Serious Sam 3: BFE is posed to be exactly what fans of classic FPSs have been looking for in titles like Duke Nukem Forever.
Is Serious Sam 3: BFE something you are interested in or do you prefer modern shooters?
Serious Sam 3: BFE is currently available for pre-order and will debut October 18, 2011 on PC for $39.99.