If you're like me and love being in a fake band, you'll be happy to know that the release date for the highly anticipated next Rock Band game has been bumped up. Yes, ma'am, Rock Band 3 will be bringing the rock to your TVs and plastic instruments on October 26, 2010.
If you just can't wait to own the game, you'll be happy to know that there will be three different pre-order bonuses available: one each for GameStop, Wal-Mart, and Amazon. Each pre-order offers a different bonus. However, only one really seems worthy of consideration. What are they? Take a gander at these:
- Xbox 360/PS3 pre-orders will receive three downloadable songs at launch (Songs link to music):
- "Burning Down the House" by Talking Heads
- "My Own Summer" by Deftones
- "Blue Monday" by New Order
- Xbox 360/PS3/Wii pre-orders net you a $10 eGift card.
- Xbox 360/PS3/Wii pre-orders get you an exclusive in-game guitar and a $10 discount on your next video game purchase via Amazon.
Not to endorse a particular retailer, or heavily influence your decision on where to pre-order your copy of Rock Band 3, but -- in my opinion -- three extra songs in addition to the game's huge 83 song setlist seems to be the best deal here. Good songs, too! Hell, I'd do it just for the Talking Heads song. I'm sure there might be some people who might object to not having the Orgy version of "Blue Monday," but hey, sometimes the old ways are the best ways.
Regardless of how you choose to obtain your copy, Rock Band 3 is sure to deliver the awesome, slightly more realistic band experience you've been aching for ever since you started playing Rock Band in the first place.
Rock Band 3 brings the noise (and even some singing) on October 26, 2010 for Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii.