Blizzard has released the latest update for its enormously popular hero shooter Overwatch, which is available now for PC players via the Public Test Realm. Among a host of fixes and tweaks, the patch makes a couple of changes to the way certain characters utilize their wall-climbing abilities.
Genji and Hanzo no longer have an attack cooldown associated with their ability to scale walls. This means that players can engage with enemies immediately after climbing a surface, which Blizzard describes in its patch notes as a quality of life improvement intended to refine the feel of the traversal mechanic.
The studio has also added some new options for players who like to control every aspect of their Overwatch experience in custom games. Secondary fire and secondary weapons can be deactivated completely, limiting each combatant to the use of their primary weapon — perhaps not a change that most would want to see applied to competitive play, but a handy option for those that might prefer it every now and again.
The option to disable one of Symmetra's Ultimates without disabling the other attack has also been added to custom games.
Several characters have seen their abilities changed slightly as a result of this new patch. Orisa has undergone the biggest edits, with the damage dealt by her Fusion Driver attack reduced by 15 percent, and the cooldown of her Protective Barrier technique reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds. Meanwhile, Reaper will now gain a full complement of ammunition whenever his Wraith Mode is employed.
The update also brings about a couple of more general bug fixes. A possible exploit that allowed Sombra to access unreachable areas on the Watchpoint: Gibraltar map has been addressed, and some animation quirks that affected Tracer's character model in the tutorial should no longer rear their head. Additionally, new Kill Feed icons signifying environmental kills and several other abilities have been added to the game.
Check out the full Overwatch Update Patch Notes below:
Custom Games and Game Browser
- Players can now disable secondary fire and secondary weapons in Custom Games
- You can now disable one Symmetra ultimate while leaving the other active
- Removed the attack cooldown from Genji’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
- Removed the attack cooldown from Hanzo’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
- Storm Bow
- Increased charge speed by 10%
- Charged arrows now maintain their charge after climbing a wall, provided the button is continuously held
- Fusion Driver
- Damage reduced by 15%
- Cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds
- Wraith Form
- Ammo is now entirely refilled when Wraith Form is used
- Effective height has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters
- The height threshold of objects that Earthshatter can "climb" has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters, making Earthshatter less likely to climb tall objects as it "crawls" along the ground.
- Heavy Pulse Rifle
- Bullet damage decreased from 20 to 19
- Fixed an issue that prevented voice lines from being heard during the Play of the Game
- Fixed an issue causing shields to display the wrong team color during the Play of the Game
- Added new Kill Feed icons for environmental kills and a number of abilities
- Fixed a bug causing the introduction before 1v1 Mystery Duels to be interrupted
- Fixed a bug that allowed bots to become stuck around the well on Ilios
- Fixed a bug that caused Lucio’s healing and speed song auras to be inaccurately projected
- Fixed a bug that prevented Orisa’s Fortify from blocking the alternate fire from Lucio’s Sonic Amplifier
- Fixed a bug that prevented Orisa’s Protective Barrier from deploying in certain situations
- Fixed an issue that affected some graphics cards, causing an inaccurate ammo count to be displayed with Pharah’s Mechaqueen and Raptorion skins equipped
- Fixed a bug that could prevent two charging Reinhardts from being able to kill each other
- Fixed a bug that prevented Winston’s Primal Rage ultimate from restoring his health when hit by Ana’s Biotic Grenade
- Fixed a bug that caused Tracer to move oddly when she first appeared in the tutorial
- Fixed an issue causing asymmetry between pillars on the Ruins capture point on Ilios
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
Blizzard states in its patch notes that most of these edits and enhancements will eventually come to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One — however, not all of these changes will make the jump. The PTR is exclusive to the PC version of the game, and some aspects of this patch aren't intended to be applied to other versions of the game.
Overwatch is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.Magic: The Gathering Next Set Brings Back Fan-Favorite Card Style
Leave A Comment