Nintendo announces a wide variety of video game deals for Wii U and 3DS, with big discounts up for grabs for titles such as Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, and Minecraft: Wii U Edition.
The holiday season is now upon us, and for many a savvy gamer this means it’s time to start getting some shopping sprees on the go. Already, there have been some fantastic Black Friday video game deals announced, including some that could see Nintendo fans walk away with a console on the cheap, such as multiple retailers offering up the New Nintendo 3DS Super Mario Edition for $99.99. Now, Nintendo has revealed that plenty of games available for its devices are also getting discounts.
In short, it’s going to be a good Black Friday for gamers after some Nintendo bargains. Alongside the aforementioned 3DS deal, different retailers are offering up their own deals. One such example is Toys R Us, which is offering gamers $10-$20 off select Wii U games on November 24-25, with owners of the console able to save $10 on Minecraft: Wii U Edition and $20 on Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Toys R Us is not the only place to pick up Nintendo games on the cheap, though. From November 24-26, Target is also sharing the deals, with $15 off select Nintendo 3DS games, including Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon X and Y, and Kirby Planet Robobot. Meanwhile, the Wii U game deals continue, with $25 to save on the likes of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Star Fox Zero, and Pokken Tournament. This deal is also available for Splatoon and Super Mario Maker.
Walmart is not just offering up PS4 Slim and Xbox One S deals this year, as the store is another offering up some Nintendo discounts. Perhaps the pick of the bunch is the ability to save $35 on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD for Wii U, including the Wolf Link amiibo. Walmart shoppers can also save $25 on Splatoon, $15 on Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and $5 on a number of Nintendo Select games including The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for 3DS and NES Remix for Wii U.
These deals can be found below, with other discounts up at happyholidays.nintendo.com.
- Save $15 on select Nintendo 3DS games:
- Kirby Planet Robobot (Nintendo 3DS)
- Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo 3DS)
- Pokémon X or Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS)
- Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon (Nintendo 3DS)
- Save $25 on select Wii U games:
- Splatoon (Wii U)
- Super Smash Bros for Wii U (Wii U)
- Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
- Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
- Pokkén Tournament (Wii U)
- Save $10-20 on select Wii U games:
- Save $10 on Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Wii U)
- Save $20 on Super Mario Maker (Wii U) and Splatoon (Wii U)
- Save $15 on select 3DS games:
- Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or Pokémon Omega Ruby (Nintendo 3DS)
- Save $25 on Splatoon (Wii U)
- Save $35 on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U; includes Wolf Link amiibo)
- Save $5 on select Nintendo Select games:
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
- Super Mario All Stars (Wii)
- Pikmin 3 (Wii U)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
- NES Remix (Wii U)
Nintendo is not the only big player in gaming to be offering up some deals this holiday season. There have been some big Xbox One deals, with Microsoft first sharing the deals last week. Meanwhile, Sony has also been showing off some discounts, albeit promoting them through a bizarre ad.
For Nintendo, however, there’s perhaps a bigger incentive to offer up these deals. After all, Wii U and 3DS sales have been dropping, with the company’s struggling home console also seeing production stop in Japan. A successful holiday season, spearheaded by the deals listed above, may well see the company through until the Nintendo Switch’s release.