NBA 2K20 released at the end of last week, and players are now busy mastering the new dribbling system and perfecting their builds. While some fans will certainly spend their build time working out the best center build in NBA 2K20, others will prefer to put together an overpowered point guard build instead. Indeed, for fans that are looking for the best point guard build in NBA 2K20, the purpose of this guide is to provide exactly that.
To note, the NBA 2K20 point guard build featured here is very like to produce desirable results for most players, but it should not be considered the final word on powerful point guard builds in this year's entry. As such, players should certainly feel free to think about this NBA 2K20 build for point guards as a strong starting point to be tweaked until it is perfectly aligned with a desired play style.
What is the Best Point Guard Build in NBA 2K20
Players that are interested in putting together the best NBA 2K20 PG build probably have one thing on the top of their mind: scoring. For those that want to make sure that their character is well equipped to score with NBA 2K20's best jumpshots, the build outlined in this video is amongst the best PG builds in NBA 2K20, and a more in depth discussion of how it functions can be heard alongside the footage.
For those that would prefer to see this point guard build for NBA 2K20 outlined in text format, in order to get back to becoming a starter in NBA 2K20 more quickly, it is as follows:
- Skill Breakdown: Select the chart weighted for Shooting and Playmaking.
- Physical Profile: Select the chart that prioritizes Agility, and then Vertical, and then Strength.
- Finishing: Close Shot (Max) | Driving Layup (Max) | Driving Dunk (50)
- Shooting: Max Everything
- Playmaking: Max Everything | Move Post Move Down to 76
- Defense / Rebounding: Perimeter Defense (Max) | Lateral Quickness (Max) | Steal (Max) | Block (56)
- Body Shape: Compact
- Height: 6'4"
- Weight: 175 lbs.
- Wingspan: 76"
- Takeover: Playmaker or Shot Creator
- Shooting: Deadeye (HOF) | Range Extender (HOF) | Catch & Shoot (Silver) | Difficult Shots (Gold) | Tireless Shooter (Gold) | Corner Specialist (Bronze) | Quick Draw (Silver) | Steady Shooter (Silver) | Hot Start (Bronze)
- Playmaking: Handles for Days (HOF) | Ankle Breaker (HOF) | Downhill (Silver) | Quick First Step (HOF) | Unpluckable (Gold) | Tight Handling (Gold) | Space Creator (Silver) | Stop & Go (Gold)
- Defense / Rebounding: Clamps (Gold) | Pick Dodger (Bronze)
- Finishing: Contact Finisher (Bronze)
Players that combine this PG build with the best dribble moves in NBA 2K20 should find that they are able to make some big plays on the court. That said, it is worth reiterating that fans should not feel entirely beholden to what is outlined here. While this NBA 2K20 point guard build is definitely powerful, players may find that some slight changes to this foundation suit their needs more closely.
NBA 2K20 is available now for iOS, PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One.