The Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Map Pack's 360-exclusivity is almost over, and looks to be hitting both PS3 and PC in Early July.
Xbox 360 owners have been enjoying the exclusivity of the Modern Warfare 2 downloadable map pack, The Resurgence Package, since June 3rd, leaving PC and PS3 owners guessing as to when they would get their hands on it for themselves. They need wonder no more, as Infinity Ward's Creative Strategist, Robert Bowling tweeted today.
"The Resurgence Package DLC for Modern Warfare 2 will hit @playstation (US) and PC (worldwide) July 6th! For @playstation (EU ) its July 7th."
For those of you who are not clued-up on what maps The Resurgence Package contains, let me enlighten you:
- Vacant -- the shotgunner's paradise that took place in the gray, abandoned industrial warehouse in Call of Duty 4
- Strike -- the Middle-Eastern town center map from Call of Duty 4
- Carnival -- as the name implies, featuring a "Funhaus" and various other fairground attractions
- Trailer Park -- again, as the name implies, but especially cramped for cose-quarters surprises, and a there's a swimming pool!
- Fuel -- an oil refinery, optimized for dirty, camping snipers
There has been no official word on pricing as yet, but it's a fair bet the price will be the same as it was for the previous map pack, The Stimulus Package, which was a tad overpriced at $15 on the US PlayStation Store.
What about you PC and PS3 owning, Modern Warfare 2 playing Ranters? Is this the news you've been waiting for, or was $15 too much the first time around?