With November finally here, many Mortal Kombat 11 players have begun to anticipate the arrival of classic character Sindel thanks in large part of the recent teases from Ed Boon. Without a release date in sight, NetherRealm Studios has instead kicked off the next Kombat League season for players to earn new loot.
The fifth Mortal Kombat 11 season is known as the Season of Sorcery and many longtime fans may see a big resemblance to the sorcerer, Quan Chi. Here's everything players need to know about the Kombat League, how to finish challenges, and score unique loot.
How to Start
Players should start by jumping into a Versus Competitive Ranked Match. The game will find a match based on the player's skill level in an effort to keep things relatively fair for both fighters. Each match is the best two out of three sets with nine ranks to climb through. Every win earns points to climb up the various tiers, but keep in mind that the Kombat League points will begin to decay after 72 hours of inactivity.
Between each round, players have the option to start the next match, switch characters, forfeit, or view the match breakdown. The first to win 2 matches wins the points, while the losing player has points deducted from their total.
Every Kombat League features daily and seasonal challenges for players to accomplish and earn the various rewards associated with them.
Here are each of the challenges and the rewards that are tied to them.
Daily Challenge: Finish 5 Ranked Sets. Reward: 50 Time Crystals per day
- Land 5 Fatal Blows. Reward: Kabal Brutality - 'Can't Breathe'
- Perform 25 Throws. Reward: Noob Saibot 'Demonic Conspirator' gear.
- Complete 10 Ranked Daily Challenges. Reward: Kabal 'Partner in Crime' gear.
- Complete 15 Kombat League sets. Reward: Kabal Brutality - 'Straight Cut'
- Spill 10,000 pints of blood. Reward: Kano 'Kano Kannon 6-5000' gear.
- Complete all Seasonal Challenges. Reward: Baraka Skin - 'Wastelands Demon'
For many Kombat League veterans, the real reward comes from rising up each of the nine ranks. Each rank requires a certain number of points earned during the season and hitting a new rank automatically awards new loot immediately and a special seasonal skin based on the final tier at the end of the Kombat League season.
Here are each of the ranks and the rewards associated with them.
- 100,000 Koins, Jacqui Briggs 'Left Brat-Tat-Tats' gear.
- Finishing the league season in this teir or above also unlocks Kabal's Night Racer skin.
- 500 Soul Fragments, Frost 'Pressure Chiller' gear.
- 250 Hearts, Kotal Kahn 'Osh-Tekk War God Talisman' gear.
- 100 Time Crystals, Cetrion 'Ching Shih' gear.
- Finishing the season in this tier or above also unlocks Kano's 'Dark Disguise' skin.
- 200 Time Crystals, D'Vorah 'Stiletto-Legged Horntails' gear.
- 300 Time Crystals, Johnny Cage 'Motivational Uppercuts' gear.
- 500 Time Crystals, Geras 'Progressive Age of Outworld' gear.
- Finishing the season in this tier or above also unlocks the Cetrion Shinnok's Twin skin.
- 1,000 Time Crystals, Sonya 'Alpha Charlie' gear.
- 2,000 Time Crystals, Cassie Cage 'Blam Blam Bigelow' gear.
Just for participating in the Kombat League season, all players are awarded a special Kombat Kard background and icon.
In the meantime, players continue to wait for the highly anticipated Sindel trailer. While not playable in the previous game, Mortal Kombat X, Sindel is a character that has been featured in nearly every title since Mortal Kombat 3. Her story is fairly complex involving her being Edenia's queen and mother of Kitana, to becoming a corrupted wife of Shao Kahn, to her most recent reinvention as Quan Chi's Revenant. Where her story goes from here is one of the mysteries left in Mortal Kombat 11.
Mortal Kombat 11 is out now for PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One, with a Stadia version also in development.
Source: WB Games