War is hell. And trying to fight a war against glitch-users makes Dante’s Inferno look like Hey You Pikachu. And although Modern Warfare 2 players have seen more than their fair share (the javelin glitch, the private server hack, the infinite care packages), they’re about to face another, more horrifying exploitation.
With this glitch, online players are reportedly able to summon up to 9 harriers at once. Yeah, you read that right. It’s not the easiest glitch to perform, but glitchers are like little parasites that keep at it until they grow into a bigger problem. The glitch has been there since January, but was so obscure that nobody has noticed it until now.
Now, I realize that glitchers are going to do this whether we tell them how or not – it’ll be all over the land of Google – so, in all likelihood, more and more people will glitch, and then a patch will come out. So here’s how to do the glitch, but try to only do it in offline, splitscreen matches against your Mom, just so you feel guilty about it.
1. Equip the following load out (must be the same):
- M16 + Holographic sight – not really needed but some weapons it doesn’t work – M16 is confirmed.
- AT4-HS Launcher
- Tactical Insertion
- Smoke Grenade
- *Killstreaks* Just make sure you’ve equipped the Care package – doesn’t matter about 2 and 3.
2. Run around and kill 4 people until you’ve got the care package.
3. First quip the care package then in the following order: Equip the Tactical Insertion, just before it light animation (as it catches) press LB followed by Y then hold the right trigger.
4. The rocket will fire and you’ll hear the harrier sound notification, select the harrier and place it on the map – as you’ve placing it on the map hold the DPAD right button.
5. Once you’ve called in the harrier if you’ve kept the DPAD right held down you’ll hear the harrier sound notification again – repeat step 4 over and over again until you’ve got 9 harriers in the air.
6. To repeat after all 9 harriers have left go back to step 2
Farewell, good soldiers. Let us all go, and cower underneath a rock for the entirety of our match, wondering why there isn’t a button for cradling in fear.