Love the Mission: Impossible movies but hate games based on movies? Us too. With Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol coming to theaters this holiday, normally we’d not be looking forward to the tie-in video game but that’s the case with this franchise this time.
Instead, Funtactix worked with Paramount Pictures to put together a Mission: Impossible Facebook game where players have opportunities to win movie passes, DVDs and other cool stuff. So today, we have a big gallery of screenshots to show it off.
Mission: Impossible – The Game is playable on Facebook, a platform we don’t usually talk too much about but we wanted to share a gallery of screenshots detailing many of the game’s locations, levels and weapons found in-game.
Mission: Impossible — The Game lets players play a new secret agent who can create their own crew to complete missions, unlock cool new tech and more. The game has 8 stories and over 200 missions across 50 different world-spanning locations. The game is available now on https://apps.facebook.com/mission-impossible.
With the film coming up, players can win the following exclusive items and giveaways, including:
- A chance to win tickets to the U.S. premiere of Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol
- A chance to win a hometown screening of Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol for you and 30 of your friends
- A Mission Impossible — Ghost Protocol themed game level
- Movie passes to Mission Impossible — Ghost Protocol
- Signed movie posters, hats and t-shirts from Mission Impossible — Ghost Protocol
- Mission: Impossible Blu-Ray DVD sets
- View movie trailers and exclusive clips
Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol begins a limited release in IMAX theaters around the U.S. on December 16th, 2011 and hits regular screens on the 21st. The film is directed by Brad Bird, and stars Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner, Paula Patton, Simon Pegg, Tom Wilkinson and Josh Holloway
Follow me on Twitter @rob_keyes.