Medal of Honor: Warfighter will commence its beta testing phase — which is really more of come check out one of our multiplayer maps and a new mode phase — starting tomorrow. Just revealed by way of a trailer, the beta will include a map called Sarajevo Stadium, and will introduce a mode called Hot Spot.
As the trailer explains, players will have access to 12 of the game’s 72 Tier 1 Operators from 10 different nations. For those that remember, the Tier 1 Operations have been a major focus for Danger Close‘s revamped Medal of Honor franchise, putting the focus on realistic military operations.
Additionally, the beta will allow gamers to try out all six of Medal of Honor: Warfighter‘s multiplayer classes, which include the sniper, the assaulter, demolitions, heavy gunner, point man, and spec ops. This is the perfect opportunity for players to tool around with weapon, support action, and ability combinations without wasting valuable time that can be spent on leveling up.
Furthermore, the trailer explains that with Warfighter‘s various modes and map combinations there are a total of 30 different multiplayer experiences that can be had in the game. Obviously, based on preference of mode, that’s not going to be as appealing to be everyone, but for those who like options it offers a more robust multiplayer experience.
Unfortunately for PC and PS3 owners, the October 5th open beta is only for Xbox 360 gamers. However, PC and PS3 players can pre-order the Warfighter Limited Edition and net themselves access to the Battlefield 4 beta, which presumably should begin late next year.
On the single player news front we have a comprehensive list of Achievements for the Xbox 360 version of Medal of Honor: Warfighter, for gamers that are into that sort of thing. With the news that Microsoft will begin rewarding players for hitting certain Gamerscore thresholds this is a perfect opportunity to assemble a plan of attack for how best to earn those 1000 points.
As far as the achievements are concerned it’s pretty standard stuff — a smattering of single player and multiplayer focused objectives. Completing the game’s single player missions seems to net a fair amount of Gamerscore, which may be a clever way of skewing FPS fans in a specific direction.
Check out the full list below:
- Warfighter – Completed the campaign — 40G — Silver
- Tier 1 – Completed the campaign on Tier 1 difficulty — 50G — Silver
- Rain Of Terror – Completed Changing Tides — 15G — Bronze
- Monsoon Lagoon — Completed Rip Current — 15G – Bronze
- Unexpected Cargo — Completed Unintended Consequences — 15G – Bronze
- One Shot, Three Kills – Completed Hat Trick — 15G — Bronze
- Hit The Beach – Completed Shore Leave — 15G – Bronze
- Know The Enemy – Completed Through the Eyes of Evil — 15G – Bronze
- Non-Official Cover — Completed Finding Faraz — 20G – Bronze
- Class Dismissed – Completed Connect the Dots — 20G – Bronze
- Pedal To The Medal – Completed Hello and Dubai — 20G – Bronze
- Closing Ceremony – Completed Old Friends — 20G – Bronze
- One Man Mutiny – Completed Bump in the Night — 20G – Bronze
- Pit And Pin – Completed Hot Pursuit — 20G – Bronze
- Let Him Rot – Completed Shut It Down — 20G – Bronze
- Preacher’s Path – Finished all the Preacher Missions — 30G — Silver
- Stump’s No Chump – Finished all the Stump Missions — 30G — Silver
- Double Header – Killed two enemies with one bullet in the Changing Tides mission — 10G — Bronze
- Release The Kraken – Killed 20 enemies during the boat exfil in Rip Current — 15G — Bronze
- Hardcore – Completed the campaign on Hardcore difficulty — 80G — Gold
- Tag, You’re It – Caught Faraz within 15 minutes in Finding Faraz — 10 — Bronze
- Leftover Lead – Completed the sniping section in Shore Leave without missing a shot — 15G — Bronze
- On The Clock – Completed the training in Through the Eyes of Evil in under 18 seconds — 10G — Bronze
- Storm Watch – Got through the sandstorm without hitting vehicles in Hello and Dubai — 10G — Bronze
- Vender Bender – Destroyed 90 market stalls in Hot Pursuit — 10G — Bronze
- Dirty Laundry — Found the grenades in the laundry room in Bump in the Night — 15G — Bronze
- Room Service – Unlocked all door breach options — 20G — Bronze
- Master Locksmith – Used each breaching option at least once — 15G — Bronze
- Extreme Realism – Recovered from near-death 5 times without dying — 10G — Bronze
- Tier 1 Imports – Got 50 kills while holding enemy weapons — 15G — Bronze
- Peek-A-Boo – Killed an enemy while using peek and lean in the Campaign — 5G — Bronze
- Lean With It – Killed 25 enemies while using peek and lean during the Campaign — 15G — Bronze
- It’s Dangerous To Go Alone – Requested ammo from an Ally in the Campaign — 5G — Bronze
- Lead Farmer – Requested ammo from an Ally 25 times in Campaign — 10G — Bronze
- Tactical Toggler – Killed 25 enemies while using Combat Toggle — 15G — Bronze
- Unstoppable – Completed Shore Leave on Hardcore difficulty — 30G — Silver
- The Axeman – Killed 25 enemies with melee during the Campaign — 20G — Bronze
- MVP – Finished in first place in any online match — 20G — Silver
- All In – Called in Apache support — 20G — Silver
- There Is A I In Fire Team – Finished a round as part of the top Fire Team — 15 G — Bronze
- Brothers In Arms – Won a round with a Friend as a Fire Team Buddy — 20G — Bronze
- Warchief – Unlocked all soldiers in multiplayer — 35G — Silver
- Jack Of All Guns – Earned the Marksman Pin for all Weapons — 20G — Silver
- Back In The Fight – Completed one tour with all classes — 50G — Gold
- Honey Badger – Used your Fire Team buddy to re-arm or heal — 10G — Bronze
- Squad Leader – Unlocked a soldier of each class — 20G — Bronze
- Downrange – Played online for 15 minutes — 20G — Bronze
- Job Done – Complete 3 Combat Mission objectives — 20G — Bronze
- Global Warfighter – Unlocked a soldier from each unit — 25G — Silver
- Secret Achievement – Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement — 10G — Bronze
It’s a lot of Xbox 360-focused news for Medal of Honor: Warfighter, but fans of the franchise should find solace in knowing the game is less than a month away. Whether or not Danger Close will be able to improve on the formula from 2010 is unclear, but the game’s new focuses certainly show promise.
Will you be participating in the Medal of Honor: Warfighter open beta this weekend? What do you think of the game’s achievements?
Medal of Honor: Warfighter releases on October 23, 2012 for the PS3, PC, and Xbox 360.
Source: Xbox 360 Achievements