When Max Payne 3 hits the streets next March, it won’t be a single player only affair. Rockstar Games is introducing a narrative-driven multiplayer mode complete with voice over by Max himself between rounds.
Now, Rockstar is offering its fans the chance to get into Max Payne like never before. Literally. It’s open casting for the game’s multiplayer mode, and eight lucky players are going to make the cut.
For a shot at the role of “Multiplayer Gang Character” in Max Payne 3, all fans need to do is follow @RockstarGames on Twitter, and use the hashtag #MaxPayne3 in tweets about the game. Full details follow.
Announcing your chance to be immortalized as one of eight Max Payne 3 multiplayer gang characters — exclusively for fans of Rockstar and Max Payne 3 on Twitter.
Here’s how it works:
1) Starting today, December 16th, 2011 – and continuing until January 13th, 2012, we will be selecting
people at random that we’ve spotted using the hashtag #maxpayne3.
2) Each week during that period, 10 people will be contacted to submit us pictures for consideration to be in the game.
3) If you’re one of that week’s 10 selections, we will contact you and ask you to email us a picture of yourself.
4) We will then pick 2 fans per week who will have their likeness appear as a multiplayer gang character in Max Payne 3.
5) In total, 8 fans will be selected to have their likeness appear as a multiplayer character in Max Payne 3.
Make sure you’re following @RockstarGames on Twitter.
Make sure you’re using the hashtag #MaxPayne3 when you talk about the game.
And keep an eye out in case you’re contacted by us via tweet or via DM. All fans that we contact will only have 48 hours to respond.
Better keep those headshots handy, Ranters.
Max Payne 3 is the first game in the series not developed by Remedy Entertainment, who are more than busy enough right now finishing up the action-focused, downloadable Alan Wake’s American Nightmare. That left the job of updating the series’ gameplay and graphics engine to Rockstar. The developers are promising a cutting edge shooter — a bold claim considering that gunplay hasn’t traditionally been the most solid element of Rockstar’s games (see: Grand Theft Auto IV, L.A. Noire). Can they deliver on the promise? What do you think?
Offering fans the chance to appear in Max Payne 3 is both a cool promotion and true to the series’ history. After all, Max’s face in the classic games is modeled on Remedy’s own Sam Lake. So put on your best scowl, and maybe we’ll see you online. Good luck!
Max Payne 3 releases March of 2012 for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.
Follow me on Twitter @HakenGaken
Source: Rockstar Games