In true BioWare fashion, Mass Effect 3 will be receiving its own special edition of the game – in the form of the N7 Collector’s Edition.
An exceptional package, the Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector’s Edition will come chock full of goodies that make the $79.99 price tag well worth paying. This edition will be available alongside the regular edition of the game at launch.
After E3 2011, Mass Effect 3 certainly has been the focus of a lot of media buzz, and with good reason: It looks fantastic.
E3 brought gamers the first taste of the revamped combat gameplay in the Mass Effect series as well as Kinect integration (in the form of voice commands). The regular package is already going to be pleasing to gamers, but the N7 version will blow them away.
What will your extra $10 get you? Take a gander at the picture inventory and find out for yourself (click to enlarge):
- Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard.
- 70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team.
- Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork.
- Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch.
- Exclusive 4×6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.
- A full collection of in-game content that can’t be found anywhere else!
- N7 Arsenal Pack — Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
- Robotic Dog — A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
- Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack — New appearances for your favorite squad members.
- N7 Hoodie — For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
- Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
- Xbox LIVE Normandy prop for your Avatar. (Available on Xbox 360 version only.)
- Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.
All that awesomeness for $20? Sign me up! Fans of the franchise will recognize the dog you will be getting as a FENRIS mech. Also, it looks like the previously available as DLC weapons, the Locust SMG, M-22 Eviscerator Shotgun, M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle, and M-5 Phalanx Pistol will be available for use inME3 if you choose to pick up the N7 Collector’s Edition.
BioWare is pulling out all the stops to make Mass Effect 3 the best game of the trilogy and the N7 Collector’s Edition is just one way the company is going about that objective.
With new combat, Kinect integration, and closure to one of the most epic space opera stories told in recent years, Mass Effect 3 is going to be one of the biggest titles for this generation of consoles – the only difficult part is all the waiting fans will have to endure.
Mass Effect 3 releases on March 6, 2011 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.
Follow me on Twitter at TrungleFever
Source: Mass Effect Official Site