Game Informer has been providing us with a wealth of gaming knowledge lately: new Gears of War 3 screens (which also showed up in a Russian gaming mag) and a confirmation of LittleBigPlanet 2 were just a few things that the upcoming Game Informer magazine has given us a look at. Now, however, leaked scans from the upcoming game magazine have confirmed four more playable characters, along with some new details for the highly anticipated Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.
The characters that have been confirmed to appear in the game are Darkstalkers’ Felicia, the nazi-destroying Capt. America, Devil May Cry’s Dante, and the merc with a mouth Deadpool (which if you care to remember rounded out our #1 spot in our Marvel vs. Capcom 3 character wishlist).
You can check out the screen from Game Informer confirming these characters right after the jump:
On top of the confirmation of those four characters Game Informer also gave out some gameplay details for the upcoming fighter. Here’s the list of new features that Event Hub has posted:
– MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo Cancels, Snapbacks and Assists.
– The game will have the alpha, beta and gamma assist types, just like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
– MvC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TvC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay.
– The game has simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the Exchange button. This can also be pressed along with certain directions to slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combos. Players can also hit the Exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly. You can also counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.
– Deadpool’s teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.
– Chris Redfield uses his weapons from Resident Evil 5, his shotgun and the “shock stick.”
– Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained. Wolverine and Hulks’ Supers are shown.
It seems like the third installment in the fan favorite series will really mix things up from the previous two titles, but fans shouldn’t worry because it’s looking to be a great game. Don’t believe us? Check out some screens right after the jump:
Hints at Spider-Man returning to kick some butt are all over these screens, but for now that is just Game Rant‘s speculation.
It’s likely that we will see some new footage, screens, and even more playable characters at next month’s E3. Game Rant will keep you posted on any information about Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as soon as it becomes available.
What do you think of the new characters revealed? Are you pumped for this game?
Source: Event Hubs