Among the highlights are mode-specific achievements and some that require certain moves to be performed with one of the newer characters, for example Viewtiful Joe. However gamers who were hoping for hints at further character reveals are going to have to look elsewhere.
Sometimes a list of achievements can hint at specific plot points in a game – while others reveal what new secrets are there for players to discover. Unfortunately, these achievements don’t give much in the way of unrevealed characters. There might be some dutiful Marvel and Capcom fans that will be able to decode some of the achievement titles or descriptions to discover a new character or two, but right now there isn’t much to go on.
Without further ado here’s the list:
- Passed the Field Test (20G) — Clear 160 missions in Mission mode.
- A New Avenger (40G) — Clear 320 missions in Mission mode.
- Welcome to Avengers Academy! (10G) — Clear 80 missions in Mission mode.
- Leading the Charge (30G) — Surpass the rank of Fighter.
- Combat Specialist (30G) — In Ranked Match, surpass the “1st” class rank, or fight someone who has.
- Comic Collector (50G) — Unlock all items in the Gallery.
- Back at ‘Cha! (10G) — Perform 10 successful Crossover Counters. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Excelsior! (10G) — Perform 10 Team Aerial Combos. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Be Gone! (10G) — Perform 10 Snap Backs. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Mega Buster (20G) — Use 1,000 Hyper Combo Gauge bars. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Ultimate Nullifier (10G) — Perform 30 successful Advancing Guards. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Playtime Is Over (10G) — Surpass the rank of Amateur.
- Herculean Task (30G) — Beat Arcade mode on the hardest difficulty.
- Saving My Quarters (20G) — Beat Arcade mode without using any continues.
- Waiting for the Trade (50G) — View all endings in Arcade mode.
- Master of Fate (50G) — Unlock all achievements.
- I Buy the Issues (10G) — View one ending in Arcade mode.
- World Warrior (10G) — Earn 5,000 Player Points (PP).
- Brusin’ Bruce (20G) — Land an Incredible Combo. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Charles in Charge (30G) — Land an Uncanny Combo. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Average Joe (10G) — Land a Viewtiful Combo. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Champion Edition Hero (30G) — Earn 30,000 Player Points (PP).
- Super Turbo Brawler (50G) — Earn 100,000 Player Points (PP).
- Big Bang Theory (30G) — Perform 30 Hyper Combo Finishes. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Brave New World (10G) — Participate in any mode on Xbox LIVE.
- Steel Battalion (20G) — Block 100 times. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Fate of the Satsui no Hadou (20G) — Decide who is the true master of the fist in a Xbox LIVE match.
- Copy This! (20G) — Put an end to this game of spider and fly in a Xbox LIVE match.
- Raccoon City Incident (20G) — Settle things between former S.T.A.R.S. members in a Xbox LIVE match.
- Passport to Beatdown Country (10G) — Fight in all of the stages.
- Need a Healing Factor (10G) — Win a match without blocking. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- School for the Gifted (15G) — Get a 5 game win streak in Ranked Match.
- A Hero Stands Alone (10G) — Win a match without calling your partners or switching out. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Full Roster (40G) — Battle against all characters in a Xbox LIVE match.
- Who Will Answer the Call?(10G) — Participate in an 8 player Lobby on Xbox LIVE.
- Duty and Deus Ex Machina (20G) — Make a match on Xbox LIVE between a national hero and a killing machine a reality.
- One Step Ahead (30G) — Land 50 First Attacks in a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Avengers Assemble! (15G) — Make a team composed of the Big 3 and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Turn the Tables (10G) — Land a Team Aerial Counter in a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Galactic Smasher (40G) — Perform 30 Crossover Combination Finishes. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Wreak “Havok” (10G) — Use X-Factor in a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Badds to the Bone (15G) — Make a team of three who have altered their bodies, and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Whose Side Are You On? (20G) — Bring about an end to the Civil War in a Xbox LIVE match.
- Fate of Two Worlds (20G) — Make a match on Xbox LIVE between the marquee characters for this game a reality.
- Female Flyers (15G) — Make a team composed of women who can fly, and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Darkstalkers(15G) — Make a team composed of those who dwell in the darkness, and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
- Weapon X (15G) — Make a team composed of Weapon-X test subjects, and win a match. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE only)
The achievements for Marvel vs. Capcom are your standard set for a fighting game and will hopefully push players to not only switch up their roster of characters – but to also devote a good amount of time to the new mission mode. Along with mission mode and move specific achievements, there are the expected Xbox Live achievements, which is where most MvC players are going to spend most of their time anyway.
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is absolutely shaping up to be the title gamers and Capcom hope it will be. It might not pack in every character that players are looking for (some still have yet to be revealed), but any missing fighters could still be made available via an update of some sort. If gamers haven’t already, it’s time to start training those joystick thumbs.
Which achievements are you going to complete first: the mission mode ones, the Xbox Live ones, or the character/move specific ones? Any character clues you clever readers can discern from these achievements?
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds releases February 15th, 2011 on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Source: Xbox 360 Achievements