Trophies are, in one form or another, the lifeblood of the PlayStation 3 gaming experience. Urging players to explore much more of a PS3 title than they ever would have before, trophies can sometimes keep gamers coming back to titles again and again.
One such title that Sony hopes gamers return to again and again is the highly anticipated Killzone 3, and with the release of the official guide for the game, players will have everything they need at their fingertips.
Not only does the strategy guide, created by Future Press, contain detailed layouts of every mode, mission, and level for the game, but also it has a complete rundown of the non-secret trophies in Killzone 3. The secret trophies are most likely spoiler-filled, but feel free to glance at these since they give little to nothing away.
The non-secret trophies for the game run the gamut of standard trophy fare, featuring everything from weapon specific kills to trophies that can only be achieved by participating in the game’s improved multiplayer experience. It is interesting to note that, save for a few, these trophies seem a bit easy to achieve (perhaps the secret trophies will be more difficult to earn). See if you can find any trophies that will pose a challenge in the list below:
- Ready for Battle - Complete weapons training in Prologue
- In Your Face - First brutal melee
- No Witnesses - Destroy all dropships in Broken Highway
- Mopping Up - Kill 40 or more Helgast foot soldiers in Senlin Beach
- Sawn Off - Destroy all chasing APCs in Senlin Beach
- Smoking Wrecks - Destroy all tanks in Senlin Beach
- Turn the Tables - Kill a Capture Trooper using melee
- Spiky Personality - Kill a Helghast by shooting a Burster Plant in Jungle Valley
- Minigunned - Destroy all targets while on the Intruder in Frozen Shores
- Quick Exit - Escape the oil rig quickly in Frozen Shores
- Shattered - Destroy all glass in the labs in Stahl Arms South
- Pinpoint - Kill the Heavy with an StA-14 in Blind Yards
- Evening the Odds - Kill 500 Helghast
- Cagefighter - Kill 10 Helghast using Brutal Melee
- Frag Out - Kill 3 Helghast with 1 Frag Gernade
- One Each - Kill 3 Helghast with the Shotgun Pistol -- no reloads
- Eagle Eye - Every Sniper Rifle bullet is a kill -- no reloads
- Power Spike - Nail a Helghast to an exploding object
- Up Close & Personal - Brutal Melee another player
- Team Player - Play a match as part of a squad
- Medic! - Revive another player
- Handy Man - Repair an object
- Now You See Mee - Kill using Cloak
- Spy Game - Kill using disguise
- Turf War - Capture a Tactical Spawn Point
- Now it's Personal - Kill 1,000 Helghast
- Fight to the Last - Kill 1,500 Helghast
- Close Quarters Killer - Kill 25 Helghast with Brutal Melee
- Hand to Hand Master - Kill 50 Helghast with Brutal Melee
- Victory - Complete Campaign on Elite
- Grand Slam - Win a match in 3 multiplayer modes
Set to release in a less than two weeks, Killzone 3 has got a make or break situation on its hands. After a less-than-successful outing the last time around, Guerrilla Games wants to prove that the Killzone franchise is the must-have first person shooter series on the PS3.
Players looking to get a leg up in Killzone 3 should absolutely consider picking up Future Press’ Official Guide as not only does it feature in-depth looks at all the single and multiplayer have to offer, but it nets the purchaser three unlock points for use in upgrading their online class. Points in Killzone 3 are a multiplayer gamer’s currency, allowing them to choose new weapons or abilities for their various multiplayer careers.
Some might want to go into the experience of Killzone 3 with no expectations whatsoever, but for those gamers who love their trophies, or who just like to get a behind-the-scenes look at a game’s development, the Future Press strategy guide fits the bill nicely. Releasing alongside the various retail versions of Killzone 3, the official guide will be available on February 22nd.
Anybody looking to pick up the Killzone 3 Official Guide in order to reap the benefits of level layouts or to net themselves three unlock points? Do you think that tangible strategy guides are still worth purchasing nowadays?
Killzone 3 releases February 22, 2011, for the PS3.
Source: PlayStation Blog