Welcome… to Jurassic Park (the game).
Jurassic Park: The Game puts players back into the park and will serve as a compliment to the original movie. The story continues past the events of the film, telling the story of Nedry’s shaving cream can filled with various dinosaur DNA. Players will explore the park and try to solve a mystery that audiences of the original film never got to see.
With less than two weeks to go until the release of Jurassic Park: The Game, TellTale Games has unveiled the title’s deluxe edition, complete with several unique bonus features. They include:
- Welcome letter from John Hammond, creator of the theme park
- All four episodes of Jurassic Park: The Game on a single disc
- Replica Jurassic Park Staff ID Card
- Replica Jurassic Park staff uniform patch
- Replica movie brochure/map updated with Jurassic Park: The Game content
- 32 Page “InGen Field Guide” from the notes of park geneticist Dr. Sorkin
- Digital download code for the official Jurassic Park: The Game soundtrack and exclusive videos
No word on whether or not additional bonus features like a sample of triceratops poo or the disemboweled guts that Dr. Grant was so fond of speaking about will be included or not. Click to enlarge:
If you’re scoring at home, not only can one score the deluxe edition, and not only can one obtain a pet t-rex for their avatar, but PlayStation users who sign up for a one year subscription to PlayStation Plus will get Jurassic Park: The Game absolutely FREE. No strings attached, but Samuel L. Jackson’s severed arm just might be.
For a franchise that changed the way we looked at digital effects in film, it is nice to see that it is not completely gone yet, though one has to wonder how many stories the films and games can continue to pump out. After all, how many people and various conspiracies were on that island? Spielberg is working out the story for Jurassic Park 4 as we speak so it won’t be too long until we find out.
While you wait for the release, check out the action footage montage!
Jurassic Park: The Game will launch November 15, 2011 for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
Follow me on Twitter @mattrowland1