Injustice: Gods Among Us, the new DC Universe brawler from Ed Boon and his team at NetherRealm Studios (Mortal Kombat), is slated to make its debut next April. A lot remains unknown about the game, not the least of which is how many playable heroes and villains it features, and exactly who they are (so far, only nine characters have been confirmed: Batman, Catwoman, Cyborg, The Flash, Harley Quinn, Nightwing, Solomon Grundy, Superman and Wonder Woman).
Given the dearth of information currently available, and the fact that the game doesn’t release for another six months, it seems like an awfully strange moment to announce a $100 Injustice: Gods Among Us Collector’s Edition – and yet, that’s precisely what publisher Warner Bros. Interactive did this very day.
It’s true. Come next April, fighting game fans will be faced with a tough choice: stick with the plain-old $60 version of Injustice: Gods Among Us, or shell out some serious bucks for the opulent Collector’s Edition. What does the extra $40 get you? If you guessed a 13″ tall statue of Wonder Woman preparing to crush Batman’s skull with the ship that sped young Kal-El away from his doomed home planet, well… congratulations! You got it exactly right.
Needless to say, that’s not whole story. Check out the full details on the Injustice: Gods Among Us Collector’s Edition below.
- Exclusive DC Collectibles statue featuring iconic characters Batman and Wonder Woman, the Fortress of Solitude, and the Last Son of Krypton’s escape ship
- Highly detailed statue that stands over 13” tall
- Beautifully rendered with a combination of injected and hand painted decoration
- Includes The Lasso of Truth, clear casted ice details and translucent smoke trail
- Special Collector’s Edition of a brand new DC Comics series
- Digital download of DC Universe animated film Justice League: Doom
- Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS — THE NEW 52
It’s not much of a revelation, but the Collector’s Edition details do confirm that (at least some of) Injustice’s characters are going to have multiple skins. Does that mean that retailer-specific pre-order bonus skins are already lined-up for the game? What do you think?
Ranters, are you looking forward to Injustice: Gods Among Us? Will you spring for the Collector’s Edition, or stick with the standard version? Which heroes and villains do you think should NetherRealm should add to the game’s roster (feel free to consult our list of 25 Characters That Need To Be In Injustice: Gods Among Us for inspiration)? Leave your answers in the comments below.
Injustice: Gods Among Us releases April, 2013, for Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U.
Follow me on Twitter @HakenGaken.