NetherRealm Studios‘ latest fighter Injustice: Gods Among Us tells the story of fan-favorite DC characters locked in a civil war where the lines between heroes and villains blur in a battle that will determine the fate of the Earth. However, that’s not the only reason that gamers are going to boot-up the latest fighting game from the developers of Mortal Kombat – as players will no doubt be dead-set on collecting in-game achievements/trophies (in addition to beating competitors to a pulp online).
The achievement list is spoiler-free – and does not reveal anything about the Injustice: Gods Among Us story mode. In fact, there are only two story-related challenges at all – Almost There: Complete 50% of Story Mode and Justice For All: Complete 100% of Story Mode.
In general, most of the achievements follow the usual fighting game achievement list (Breaking Records: Win 100 complete online matches, etc).
Check out the full list of Injustice: Gods Among Us achievements below:
- Top Rung: Complete Classic Battle with all characters (25 GS)
- Rise to the Top: Complete Classic Battle with any character (10 GS)
- Ultimate Battler: Complete Battle Mode (50 GS)
- Throwdown!: Perform 8 throws and win in a multiplater match (10 GS)
- Groundbreaking: Use every interactable and win in a multiplayer match (10 GS)
- Go Sit in the Corner: Win a multiplayer match with a timeout (10 GS)
- I Conquered All: Beat all S.T.A.R. Lab missions (excluding DLC) (20 GS)
- Mini-Master: Win all Story Mode minigames (25 GS)
- Statistical Advantage: View your own Hero Card (10 GS)
- Sidekick: Reach Level 10 (10 GS)
- The Hero We Deserve: Reach Level 100 (100 GS)
- Almost There: Complete 50% of Story Mode (20 GS)
- Justice For All: Complete 100% of Story Mode (80 GS)
- Beginner’s Luck!: Win a single online match (10 GS)
- Overthrown: Dethrone the King in an online match (10 GS)
- I Voted!: Vote correctly in a KOTH match (10 GS)
- Streak Ender: Defeat a Survivor (10 GS)
- Breaking Records: Win 100 complete online matches (10 GS)
- Over the Top!: Win 200 complete online matches (10 GS)
- Lucky Break: Win 1 complete Ranked Match (10 GS)
- Holy Knockout Batman: Win 10 complete Ranked Matches (10 GS)
- Buddy System: Enter Online Practice with someone on your friend’s list (10 GS)
- Practice Makes Perfect: Enter Practice Mode (10 GS)
- Learning Is Fun: Complete Tutorial (10 GS)
- It Has Begun: Complete 1 S.T.A.R. Lab mission (10 GS)
- Overachiever: Get 3 stars on 1 S.T.A.R. Lab mission (15 GS)
- All Star: Get 100 stars in S.T.A.R. Lab mode (10 GS)
- World’s Finest: Complete all S.T.A.R. Lab missions with 3 stars (100 GS)
- Heavy Hitter: Perform a 10 hit combo with every character (10 GS)
- Unstoppable Force: Win a clash sequence with any character (10 GS)
- Wrecking Ball: Knock an opponent through a transition (10 GS)
- Around The World: Knock opponent through all transitions across all levels (15 GS)
- FINISHED: Win a match with the Supermove of any character (10 GS)
- Superhuman!: Perform every character’s Supermove (10 GS)
- Metahuman: Perform every special move of every character (10 GS)
- Feel The Burn!: Perform every Meter Burn special move of every character (10 GS)
- True Marksman: Win a match with Green Arrow using only arrows (10 GS)
- The Caped Crusader: Win with Batman using every special move and his Supermove (10 GS)
- Around And Around We Go: Perform every level interaction once (20 GS)
- Arkham City Lockdown: Defeat every Villain with Batman (10 GS)
- Only A Real Master: Make a comeback when at low health (10% or less) (10 GS)
- Perfect Aim: Win a match as Deathstroke without missing a single shot (minimum of 12 shots) (10 GS)
- Tourist: Send an opponent through all three Metropolis transitions in one fight (30 GS)
- Cosplay: Unlock a costume in the Archives (5 GS)
- Gonna Need More Closet Space: Unlock all costumes in the Archives (20 GS)
- Hoader: Unlock everything in Archives (50 GS)
- I Can Back It Up: Equip a new background image (5 GS)
- Iconic Representation: Equip a new icon (5 GS)
- Looking Good!: Equip a new character portrait (5 GS)
- Bull In A China Shop: Cause maximum damage in all Arenas (does not include Practice Mode) (100 GS)
Surprisingly, there only a few character related achievements – as most gamers would expect accomplishments for completing certain character tutorials or playing a set amount of online matches with a specific combatant. Only Batman, Green Arrow, and Deathstroke are provided with character-specific achievements.
So what extra hurdles will the caped crusader have to jump through? Batman has two character-only achievements: Arkham City Lockdown: Defeat every Villain with Batman and The Caped Crusader: Win with Batman using every special move and his Supermove. Additionally, Green Arrow players can go after True Marksman: Win a match with Green Arrow using only arrows while Deathstroke fans can attempt Perfect Aim: Win a match as Deathstroke without missing a single shot (minimum of 12 shots).
Gamers set on collecting the complete gamerscore or a platinum trophy will be spending a lot of time in the S.T.A.R. Lab – completing and perfecting missions the available missions. The missions are ranked – three stars is the highest – and, if Mortal Kombat‘s Challenge Tower is any indication, should provide a fun albeit sometimes frustrating variety of fight scenarios.
One achievement listed that will, no doubt, get some attention is I Conquered All: Beat all S.T.A.R. Lab missions (excluding DLC). The achievement itself is pretty straightforward but the “excluding DLC” essentially confirms that future add-on content will not be relegated to characters only – and, just like the Red Son DLC, will include new missions to tackle as well. Fans will still have to wait for more details on any planned DLC in the comings months but the achievements list definitely provides an intriguing glimpse at how side missions and minigames will work in the larger game experience – as well as give us hope that NeatherRealm will support the game for a long time post-release.
Day by day we’re getting a clearer picture of Injustice: Gods Among Us – with a lot of exciting features that are bound to have fighting game fans excited. Plus, with only a little over a month to go before the release and still five more characters to reveal (or possibly four if the image of Doomsday on Battle Edition fight stick means he’s playable) we can only guess and speculate on what other details we will learn leading up to the game’s release. For our guess on who could still be added to the roster, check our our list of 25 Characters that Should be Included in Injustice: Gods Among Us, with a lot of our guesses now confirmed!
Injustice: Gods Among Us releases on April 16th for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U
Source: Xbox 360 Achievements