Today, Guerrilla Games has unveiled the contents for Horizon: Zero Dawn‘s Update 1.13, which brings about a plethora of bug fixes, as well as a couple of new features, with the most notable aspect being the addition of background music playback support so that fans can play their favorite tunes in the background while exploring the action-adventure game’s open world. Those interested in the complete set of patch notes for Update 1.13 can find them in full at the end of the article, but one should be wary of spoilers if they haven’t completed the game yet.
In addition to Guerrilla Games’ inclusion of the much-requested music feature for its PlayStation 4 exclusive, Horizon: Zero Dawn, the developers have also used Update 1.13 to allow fans to drop treasure chests with items that they no longer want or need. Furthermore, the studio has addressed a number of progression issues and crashes in the patch that have been reported by the game’s community.
While Guerrilla Games’ addition of the background music feature and the fixing of persistent bugs and problems in Horizon: Zero Dawn are certainly good signs of the studio paying attention to the game’s community and what they want, one can only hope that the developer is nearing completion of the title’s story DLC. Nevertheless, it has only been a month since Guerrilla Games’ managing head Hermen Helst announced the expansion, so it would be best for fans and the company alike if it’s not rushed.
Just ahead of Horizon: Zero Dawn‘s launch, the game was praised by numerous outlets for myriad reasons, such as its engaging combat, compelling plot, unique protagonist in Aloy, and perhaps most obviously, its gorgeous environments. With this being the case, it’s good to see Guerrilla Games continually providing solid support for the title so as to not have the game’s fans experience a significant drop in quality.
Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.13 Patch Notes
• Added support for background music playback.
• Added the ability to drop treasure chests.
• Fixed an issue in “The Point of the Spear” where some players could escape the quest area and get stuck here, blocking progression of this quest.
• Fixed an issue in “A Seeker at the Gates” where some players could get stuck behind the gates to All-Mother Mountain.
• Fixed an issue in “The City of the Sun” where some players were able to exit Olin’s basement during the ‘Investigate Olin’s Secret Workshop’ objective.
• Fixed an issue in “The Grave-Hoard” where the objective would not update when some players fast traveled away after activating the Holo Projector.
• Fixed an issue in “Deep Secrets of the Earth” where some players could avoid triggering a cutscene, resulting in the quest not progressing.
• Fixed an issue in “Fatal Inheritance” where talking to Ranaman after freeing Daradi would cause Daradi to disappear for some players.
• Fixed an issue in “Hammer and Steel” where for some players the quest objective would not update after gathering all nine Behemoth Cables.
• Fixed an issue in Cauldron Xi where some players could avoid triggering a cutscene, resulting in the quest not progressing.
• Fixed an issue in “The Point of the Spear” where the objective ‘Meet Rost at the North Gate’ would always be marked as failed for some players in the objective log.
• Fixed an issue in “The Point of the Spear” where the fix for duplicate spears introduced in Patch 1.12 would not solve the issue for some player if they already finished “In her Mother’s Footsteps”.
• Fixed an issue after “The Proving” for certain players where Aloy would not retrieve her Focus after visiting Rost.
• Fixed an issue where some players could permanently lose the Tearblaster in their playthrough after selling it at a merchant. The Tearblaster will now be available to purchase from certain merchants after completing ‘Hunter’s Blind’.
• Fixed an issue where a pile of Ancient Debris appeared to be located underground for certain players.
• Fixed an issue where some players were not able to pick up their loot when it was dropped in water.
• Fixed an issue in the “Gatelands” Bandit Camp where some players could get stuck in a rock after performing a ‘Strike from below’.
• Fixed an issue when certain players would try to mount during Aloy’s falling animation, causing Aloy to float in midair.
• Fixed the issue where some players were able to gain +10,000 XP every time they cleared hunting trials with all Blazing Suns.
• Fixed various miscellaneous crashes.
Horizon: Zero Dawn is available now for PlayStation 4.