Sony releases a new unboxing video that unveils the contents of the $120 Horizon Zero Dawn collector’s edition, which includes a statue, plenty of digital content, and more.
In collaboration with developer Guerrilla Games, Sony has posted an unboxing video that goes over what fans can expect should they invest in the Horizon Zero Dawn collector’s edition.
In the video, Guerilla Games managing director Hermen Hulst and art director Jan-Bart van Beek carefully uncrate the various items included in the collection, while discussing the inspiration and direction behind each piece.
The first item previewed in the Horizon Zero Dawn collector’s edition is a steelbook case, which is beautifully stylized and inspired by 1980s movie posters, according to the game’s art director. Included in the steelbook are the game itself and PSN vouchers for various digital items.
These include a dynamic PS4 theme, as well as additional armor, weapons, and item packs. The official descriptions for these items are detailed below.
- Carja Storm Ranger Armor: Fashioned by the proud, ceremonial Carja tribe, this special armor has been crafted with an eye for showy appearance.
- Carja Striker Bow: The Carja defend their great Sundom with stone fortifications and military might. This finely-made bow, fit for a captain’s hand, puts additional stopping power behind every arrow fired.
- Carja Trader Pack: Rare and precious Machine parts are always in demand on the metal markets of the Carja Sundom.
- Banuk Trailblazer Armor: A sturdy outfit made by the nomadic Banuk tribe, hunters, and shamans from the harsh northern territories.
- Banuk Culling Bow: The Banuk claim a spiritual understanding of the Machines, and put their harvests of Machine parts to many uses.
- Banuk Traveler Pack: Though rarely encountered, Banuk explorers have left their intricate tribal marks across the breadth of the known world.
- Nora Keeper Pack: The Nora are extraordinarily skilled and inventive at using machine components in their own devices.
- Nora Machine Trapper Pack: Even the most experienced Nora hunter never goes into the wild unprepared.
The collector’s edition also contains an artbook by Dark Horse and a statue of main character Aloy by Gentle Giant, which the team is immensely proud about. Hulst says they worked closely with Gentle Giant, using original models from the game to create an accurate and detailed piece.
In related news, Horizon Zero Dawn has just gone gold, signaling the end of initial development. Those who pre-ordered the collector’s edition can confidently expect to receive it on its February release date with no further delays.
Additionally, Horizon Zero Dawn will incorporate a photo mode to aid in capturing particularly riveting moments or picturesque vistas, and the game is omitting any semblance of microtranscations, which is pleasing news for gamers and their wallets.
Horizon: Zero Dawn is set to release on February 28, 2017 in North America, and on March 1, 2017 in the United Kingdom, but will be exclusive to PlayStation 4.