Square Enix and IO Interactive officially release a teaser trailer for the launch of Hitman's Season Finale, which is set on the Japanese island of Hokkaido.
Following Square Enix's unveiling of the release date and location for Hitman's season finale, the game's publisher and its developer IO Interactive have now put out a teaser trailer giving fans of the stealth-action title a glimpse into the mission, which has become available today. Apparently, Agent 47 is going to wrap the first season of the game up by traveling to Hokkaido, Japan to eliminate two separate targets at an extremely exclusive hospital on the island.
As seen in the Hitman teaser trailer below, Agent 47 is going to engage in some versatile stealth and action scenarios in a secluded, mountainous region in Hokkaido, with the protagonist infiltrating the grounds of a hospital facility that houses a "fusion of Japanese beauty and cutting-edge technology, featuring its own Zen gardens, organic sushi restaurant, and traditional Japanese hot spring," as described by Square Enix. The mission is called "Situs Inversus" and the publisher touts it as "the culmination of everything players will have learnt in terms of both gameplay and story."
In addition to today's release of Hitman's Hokkaido mission and its teaser trailer, IO Interactive and Square Enix have also put out an update that provides fixes to the overall game. Fans interested in a complete rundown of what the Situs Inversus season finale and patch notes contain can find them in full over on the next page.
Since all of the content for Hitman's first season is currently available, IO Interactive and Square Enix have decided to give fans of the stealth-action title a glimpse at the road map for what's ahead. In order to do so, the companies have released a full schedule for the month of November. The details can be found in the image below.
Although the Hokkaido episode marks the end of Hitman's initial season, according to developer IO Interactive, fans have plenty to look forward to, as there are going to be three seasons in total for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. As a matter of fact, Hitman's lead writer Michael Vogt has previously stated that the story is "just getting started" when the first season ends.
For those who have been waiting to play all of the missions released so far for Hitman without having to download them serially, the complete first season is set to be released on disc in January. The physical version of Hitman will be priced at $60, and should include every update and piece of content from Season 1, as well as some special bonuses. Once it releases, it will be interesting to see if how the cumulative sales of Hitman's approach to episodic gaming will stack up against the numbers of the game's disc version.
Hitman's Season One is available now for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Hitman's Episode 6 Overview and Patch Notes
Episode 6: Hokkaido Overview
- New Destination: Hokkaido, Japan.
- New Story mission: Situs Inversus
- 7 new Guided Opportunities for "Situs Inversus"
- 20 levels of Hokkaido Mastery, with the following unlocks:
- 9 new Hokkaido 'Starting Locations'
- 7 new Hokkaido 'Agency Pickup Locations'
- 6 new weapon/gear unlocks
Hokkaido Release Notes
- Target Images on Loading Screen: The images of targets are now shown on the loading screens. These are not shown for Escalation Contracts and other objectives are not displayed.
- Checkmarks added to Target Kill Conditions: When viewing the objectives for a contract, targets will now have a checkmark next to the optional kill conditions for weapon and disguise to indicate if they have been achieved, or not.
- Debriefing Screen shows Objectives Information: The scoring screen now displays a count of how many objectives have been completed. Example: "All objectives completed (8/9)"
- Improvements to Gear and Weapon Lists: Gear and weapons are now listed in categories, rather than tabs. This should make it easier to find specific items. This can be seen when viewing the Loadout, Career and Agency pickup pages.
- Mini Map 'North' Indicator: Added a new option that allows players to toggle a 'North Indicator' on the mini-map.
- The HUD now displays a detailed 'Visibly Armed' status: The game now shows which item or weapon is considered to be 'illegal'.
- Kill Types in Inventory: The in-game inventory now displays the kill condition of each item. For example, a screwdriver will show 'Lethal Melee' and 'Lethal Throw'. This is useful for identifying which item can be used for specific kill condition requirements.
- Contracts Mode - Tagging Targets: When creating a Contract, it is now possible to unmark a target from the Notebook page. This is to allow players to unmark a target that may have been bodybagged or otherwise unable to be unmarked using the in-game camera view.
- Contracts - My History: Players can now see all the contracts that they have played, sorted by most recently played, in a new 'My History' menu.
- 'Contracts' Page Adjustments: The Contracts Tab has been adjusted to only show options for Contracts Mode. As such, Escalation Contracts, Elusive Targets and Sarajevo 6 (PS4 only) have been moved to the respective page in the 'Destinations' Tab. Elusive Targets can also be viewed as a group via the 'Career' tab.
- Featured Hub Adjustments: The Featured Hub will now display the most recently played Story Mission, rather than the most recently released Story Mission.
- General Menu/UI Improvements: Added general improvements to displaying content in the menus, across the game.
- Improved performance with Suspend / Standby modes on consoles: Reconnecting to the game's servers after the console has previously been in a suspend or standby state for an extended time will be more consistent.
- General fixes related to initial server sign-in: Fixed an issue that was frequently causing players to 'timeout' when attempting to connect to the game servers. Typically, this was affecting players that frequently restarted sessions in quick succession.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Nintendo Direct Leak May Reveal Major DLC Characters
- Fixed an issue that could cause opportunity steps to remain on screen when switching between opportunities.
- Fixed an issue where General Zaydan would sometimes not react to Strandberg's dead body. [Marrakesh, A Gilded Cage]
- Fixed a naming inconsistency in the Lydon Gyration Escalation Contract.
- Fixed an issue where 47 could get stuck in the environment after loosing the valve on specific gas tanks. [Freedom Fighters, Colorado]
- Fixed an issue where 'subdue' and 'inject poison' prompts could overlap.
- Fixed issues that could occur after loading a save during the combat state.
- Some sounds were still audible when all sounds were muted in the menu. Now they are not.
- Fixed various issues on multiple locations that could cause NPCs to 'teleport' when performing specific actions.
- Made adjustments to opportunities in Paris, so that the reveal and actions of NPCs are more consistent with expected behaviour.
- Fixed an issue with 'Down the Rabbit Hole' opportunity in Marrakesh that would prevent it from being completed.
Leave A Comment