Zul’jin of World of Warcraft is set to join the roster of Heroes of the Storm soon and today Blizzard is showing off the character in an all new spotlight video.
Heroes of the Storm‘s roster has recently grown past 60 unique characters, with new heroes added as fast as Blizzard can put them together. The latest addition to Blizzard’s MOBA based in the various universes of its game franchises comes from World of Warcraft and Warcraft 2 before that. Zul’jin, once leader of the forest trolls and eventual Zul’Aman boss encounter, was released earlier today. For those curious about what kind of character Zul’jin is, Blizzard has also released a Spotlight trailer showing off the new hero’s abilities.
Zul’jin’s role in Heroes of the Storm is that of an assassin, just as the majority of heroes are. As a ranged assassin, Zul’jin’s abilities focus around his axe throwing and troll abilities, some of which come rather directly from World of Warcraft. Here are Zul’jin’s abilities in detail:
- D – Berserker – Passive: Zul’jin attacks 1% faster for every 1% of maximum Health missing. Active: Increase Basic Attack damage by 25% but consume 2% maximum Health per attack.
- Q – Grievous Throw – Zul’jin throws an axe forward, dealing damage to the first 2 enemies hit and marking them. Marked enemies take bonus damage from Zul’jin’s next 3 Basic Attacks.
- W – Twin Cleave – Throw 2 axes in a large, circuluar arc, dealing damage and slowing affected enemies by 15% per axe for 2 seconds.
- E – Regeneration – Zul’jin channels to regenerage 25% of his maximum Health over 4 seconds.
- R1 – Taz’dingo – Zul’jin is unkillable for the next 4 seconds and cannot be reduced to less than 1 Health.
- R2 – Guillotine – Zul’jin launches a massive axe into the air that drops on the targeted area, dealing damage plus bonus damage the lower his health is.
Tossing axes, going berserk, and regenerating – it’s everything a Warcraft player would expect from a troll. If only Horde chieftain Vol’jin had remembered his regeneration at the start of World of Warcraft‘s Legion expansion.
Along with Zul’jin, who will be priced at 15,000 coins in Heroes of the Storm in-game currency, Blizzard released a standard launch bundle for the character. The bundle includes Zul’jin, his Emberlord Zul’jin skin, and the Amani War Bear mount, costs $30 but is discounted to $22.49 for the duration of launch. Alternatively, players can buy the hero by itself for $9.99.
Along with the introduction of Zul’jin, a rather substantial patch was also delivered today. First, Zul’jin’s launch marks the end of Heroes of the Storm‘s holiday events, so say goodbye to the special Santa Treasure Goblin and holiday skin bundles. But as the holidays end, the Tournament Draft mode returns to custom modes in its place. This mode is perfect for competitive matches, enabling players to set up their own tournaments without Blizzard’s help. Several balance changes have also been released, focusing on characters including Nova, Asmodan, and Sylvanas.
Heroes of the Storm is available now on PC. The newest hero, Zul’jin, was released today and is now available for purchase.