Niantic has done a great job with post-launch support for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. While the game didn’t see the same explosive success as Pokémon Go, it has still quickly picked up a loyal fanbase, and Niantic has shown it will continue to support the game with updates and events, like the upcoming Wizards Unite Community Day.
The most recent update takes Wizards Unite players to Honeydukes, the colorful Hogsmede candy store, via a new interactive AR Portkey which they can get once they unlock 10km Portkey Portmanteaus.
Niantic has also made some exciting changes to the Minstry ID Portrait features that will allow players more customization options. Players can now decorate their Portrait with stickers, frames, filters, and photos directly from their phone’s photo gallery.
For Quidditch fans, the update adds a new Magical Games and Sports Family Registry page. This includes Quidditch Fan Hermione, Quidditch Fan Neville, Quidditch Fan Luna, Quidditch Fan Seamus, and Gryffindor Quidditch Banner Foundables. Players can discover these through new Encounters and Challenge Foundables as they move about in the game. Players can also capture AR photos with the Swooping Evil Foundable.
Here is the official list of new features:
• You can now upload and decorate with stickers, frames and filters, photos from your device’s gallery to your Ministry ID Portrait.
• The Sticker section of your Portrait selection is now organized by categories, including: Recently Used, Featured, Hogwarts, Lore and Wizarding World.
• Added new Lenses, Filters, and Stickers to the Ministry ID Portrait.
• You will now be able to manage your Ingredient inventory from the Potion Brewing section.
• New location, Honeydukes, unlocks with 10km Portkey Portmanteaus.
• Added a new Magical Games and Sports Family Registry page with Quidditch Fan Hermione, Quidditch Fan Neville, Quidditch Fan Luna, Quidditch Fan Seamus, and Gryffindor Quidditch Banner Foundables. Look for these new Encounters and Challenge Foundables in the game
• Capture AR photos with the Swooping Evil Foundable.
The updates come just in time for the Wizards Unite Community Day event on August 10th which will incentivize players to work together and earn double XP. The event looks to expand the use of the friends feature and get players working together.
Later this month, Niantic will also host a real-world meetup in Indianapolis. The event is called Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival, and it will run from August 31st - September 1st. Players can register for tickets through the event section of the app.
Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is available now in select regions on Android and iOS devices.