As of its latest update, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery lets players progress farther in Year 3 and explore more of the game world. Along with this added freedom is the chance to collect more free energy, with Year 3 adding one new free energy source to the game.
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery players will be able to get free energy a few times a day from the previous energy sources they tapped on before, but now they will also be able to get free energy from a source in Hogsmeade as well. In Hogsmeade, players can tap on the student on the sled in the alley between The Three Broomsticks and Honeydukes for free energy.
Here are all nine free energy locations in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery that are available to Year 3 students:
- East Towers – Empty painting to the left of the Charms Classroom
- East Towers – Peeves the Poltergeist in between the Astronomy Tower and Divination Classroom
- West Towers – Flower painting to the left of the Prefects’ Bathroom
- Lower Floor (West) – Torch to the right of the Great Hall
- Lower Floor (West) – Suit of armor with snake shield to the right of the Great Hall
- Dungeons – House Elf leaning against the wall in front of the Kitchens
- Castle Grounds – Stick on the ground in front of Hagrid’s Hut
- Lower Floor (East) – Stack of books on the concrete bench between the Library and History of Magic Classroom
- Hogsmeade – Student on the sled in the alley between The Three Broomsticks and Honeydukes
It’s worth pointing out that Hogsmeade isn’t available as soon as Year 3 begins. In fact, players will have to advance the story in order to visit the town, though it doesn’t take all that long to do so. Once players manage to reach Chapter 2, they will have a chance to travel to Hogsmeade, and can add it to their free energy routine.
Something else to point out is that Peeves the Poltergeist is a free energy source that is available to all players, not just Year 3 students. Peeves was made an energy source as part of the latest update, and can be found in the East Towers between the Astronomy Tower and Divination Classroom.
For now, these are the nine free energy sources Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery players can use once they reach Year 3. It’s possible even more energy sources will be added down the line, so stay tuned.
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is available now for iOS and Android mobile devices.