Not to be confused with the some 100+ items of DLC that are available on the Xbox Live Marketplace and PSN as we speak, Monolith has announced some forthcoming DLC for their recently released competitive shooter Gotham City Impostors. Though the DLC costumes that are available online can be earned in-game, to bypass the lengthy leveling process players can simply fork over a couple bucks and jump to the head of the line.
This new DLC however, is completely free, and actually sounds more like a title update for Gotham City Impostors, rather than DLC. Yes, it does include a few new gadgets and gizmos for the faux Jokers and Batmans to play around with, but a feature like joining a match mid-game should not be considered downloadable content nor should being able to mute annoying players.
However, that's what Gotham City Impostors players are getting: a few new trinkets and some heavily requested features all delivered under the guise of DLC. Since this game is essentially a multiplayer only title, one would have assumed certain standards would have been offered, but some things were just missed.
Here's your full list of additions with the title update/DLC:
- A BRAND NEW MAP: The 25th Floor of the Gotham Times building is about to be your playground for destruction! (Just make sure not to fall of the edge.)
- JOIN-IN-PROGRESS: Players can now join a match, even after it has started!
- MATCHMAKING FIXES: There have been numerous additional fixes to resolve nasty potential connection errors! Stability is something we strive for, and is always being improved.
- NEW WEAPONS: The Falcon Blade (a bullet-blocking katana worthy of warfare in Gotham) and the Kingmaker (a quick-draw pistol that can humble even the mightiest of Mighties) are available for you to unlock!
- A NEW SUPPORT ITEM: Toxic Gas! Leave a cloud of nigh-invisible noxious vapors in your wake, that will impair and damage those foolish enough to follow you.
- A MULTITUDE OF NEW COSTUME CHOICES: In addition to the myriad of costume items already available, we’re letting you dress up like a luchador, a corporate schlub gone mad, and so much more!
- NEW FUN FACT: The new Nimble Fingers Fun Fact will let you capture Gasblasters faster, and attach/detach batters quicker. The team’s clutch player? Yeah, that’s you.
Unfortunately, Monolith has this title update slated for March — nearly a full month after the game's release. Part of what is holding this game back from enticing more gamers is its matchmaking problems; something that most certainly will be rectified once joining games in progress is patched.
At first Gotham City Impostors looked, when first revealed as unrelated to Arkham City, like a confusing mess of ideas. But when its Team Fortress 2 roots began to show themselves, a lot of gamers got excited. It's too bad that they're dropping the ball in terms of timely post-launch support.
Have you been encountering any problems with Gotham City Impostors? What other new features would you like to see added through DLC?
Gotham City Impostors is available now on the PSN and XBLA.
Source: Gotham City Impostors