It’s been a busy week for Ghost Recon news and to add to this morning’s unveiling of the Ghost Recon Network launching alongside Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for browsers and Android/iOS devices, we also have information regarding the Future Soldier beta which begins in two weeks.
If you’re a fan of the franchise, we also have the announcement details and images for the Ghost Recon Commander Facebook game and Mad Catz’ licensed peripherals.
The multiplayer beta begins April 19th and runs until May 2nd, 20 days before Future Soldier releases. It’ll feature the game’s 12-player adversarial multiplayer, allowing players to choose between the game’s three classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) in two of the game’s modes:
- Description: players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins.
- Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes.
- Saboteur (available starting April 26th)
- Description: a bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base.
- Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes.
Both modes will be playable on two different maps (Pipeline and Mill) and players can enter the beta the following ways:
- If you own a copy of Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction (Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360 owners can access the beta directly through the game).
- Pre-order Ghost Recon: Future Solder on Xbox 360 from GameStop and receive a Xbox 360 beta key.
- PlayStation Plus subscribers receive a PS3 beta key.
Ghost Recon Commander
Coming to Facebook and mobile platforms beginning this spring is Ghost Recon Commander, a top-down tactical combat game developed by Loot Drop. Just like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, the game features co-op and Ubisoft recommends playing it first before jumping into the console experience to earn bonus in-game awards. This yet another element of the Ghost Recon Network announced earlier today.
- Gamer on the Go: Players have the ability to pick up where they left off in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Commander; it doesn’t matter if they’ve been away from the game for a day or for an hour, time is not a constraint.
- Customization: Ghosts can be upgraded and customized with state-of-the-art weaponry, armor and near-future gadgets.
- Asynchronous Co-op: Players will be able to have friends join them on missions or offer themselves up as a mercenary for hire.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Controllers
Mad Catz and Ubisoft jointly announced this week a line of licensed peripherals for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, including a Pro GamePad and a TRITTON 7.1 Surround Sound Headset. The Xbox 360 controller is wired and the PS3 one is wireless.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier releases May 22, 2012 in North America, and May 24, 2012 in Europe, for the PS3 and Xbox 360. The PC version releases June 12.
Follow me on Twitter @rob_keyes.