Not too long ago, Friday the 13th: The Game received a rough hotfix for PS4 and PC meant to resolve a number of post-patch issues that have been plaguing players, but it seems as if there are still plenty of problems present in the title. With this being the case, the developers at IllFonic has decided to post an update to keep players involved in the process of the current bug fixes that are in the works for the game.
Just yesterday, Joshua Gertz, the executive producer for IllFonic, made a post in Friday the 13th: The Game‘s official forums pertaining to the current position that the team is in when it comes to bug fixes. There weren’t any definitive dates shared for when the patch would likely go live, but Gertz did provide a long list of issues that have either already been internally rectified, or are in the process of being tackled.
The problems that have been resolved internally include game-breaking bugs and exploits such as fixes to the pocket knife that originally allowed for spam-killing, and over-the-top glitches like the ability for camp counselors to knock Jason Voorhees completely to the other side of the map. Those interested in learning about the problems that have been corrected on the developer’s end can find them in the list below along with notes from Gertz. Fixes in verification or in progress, such as general performance issues can be found in full right here.
- Perk Fixes (Fixed Internally)
- We have internal fixes for Grease Monkey, Heavy Hitter, Man at Arms, and Tinker. QA has verified them and they should be in the next patch.
- Pocket Knife Fixes (Fixed Internally)
- Additional fixes for the spam kill exploit.
- Stun Locking Jason (Fixed Internally)
- We found an issue where the Stun Timer was being doubled…opps, its fixed internally and will be rolled out with the next patch.
- Jason Stun Animation (Fixed Internally)
- We found an issue where after Jason was stunned but hit again it was breaking the Stun Animation/Pose making it appear Jason was no longer stunned when he actually was.
- Grand Slam Jason (Fixed Internally)
- We fixed a number of issues where Counselors could knock Jason across the map…it may still happen occasionally but it should not happen as often anymore.
Taking all of this into account, it’s good to see IllFonic consistently stepping up to squash bugs in order to provide the most fluid experience in Friday the 13th: The Game possible, especially after the title launched with so many problems. With any luck, the next patch will keep in-game errors and issues at bay for a while – that is, unless the next update creates a new crop of problems once it’s implemented.
Friday the 13th: The Game is available now for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Source: Friday the 13th: The Game Forums