Thanksgiving is today, and while that might distract some Fortnite fans from their usual routine, it hasn’t distracted the folks at Epic Games from theirs. Today may be a major US holiday, but it’s also a Thursday, and Thursdays are for adding a new batch of weekly content to Fortnite.
Today marks the start of Week 8 of Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 1, and as such marks the debut of a new set of challenges, collectively known as “Dive!” As with the seven weeks prior, players can tackle eleven different side-objectives while they play to earn XP, but what they may be more interested in this week in particular is the collectible at the heart of the eleventh challenge, the “E” in “Fortnite.” Epic has been hiding the letters that spell the game’s title throughout Season 1’s challenges, promising a special Battle Pass skin for players who collect all eight. Now that the final letter can be collected, players are definitely going to want to know where to find it to complete the collection.
How To Unlock The Hidden “E”
First things first, though, before they can grab the “E,” players must first complete eight of Fortnite's eleven Dive! challenges in order to unlock Season 1 Week 8’s special loading screen, which reveals its location. The challenges in question are listed below:
- Deal damage to descending Supply Drops (200)
- Eliminations at Hydro 16 or Holly Hedges (3)
- Search a Supply Drop within 10 seconds of it landing (3)
- Complete the swimming time trials at Lazy Lake and east of Hydro 16 (2)
- Eliminations without aiming down sights (3)
- Pull an item, pull an opponent, and catch a fish using a Harpoon Gun (3)
- Deal damage to opponents within 30 seconds of using a glider (1)
- Search 2 chests within 30 seconds of each other (3)
- Harvest wood within 60 seconds after landing from the Battle Bus in a single match (300)
- Deal damage with 2 different weapons within 30 seconds (1)
- Search the hidden ‘E’ found in the Dive! Loading Screen (1)
Where To Find The Hidden “E”
Once the loading screen (as seen up top) is unlocked, players are going to want to make a beeline for the dam on the westernmost edge of the large lake that Lazy Lake and Misty Meadows sit next to. There, the “E” can be found atop the light pole in the middle of the dam. As far as hidden Fortnite letter locations go, it’s pretty easy to find. Also worth noting is that the Hydro 16 location mentioned in the challenge list is located right next to the dam, in case anyone wasn't certain where they would need to go for the related challenges.
Fortnite is free-to-play on Mobile, PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One.