A trophy list for the PlayStation 4 port of Square Enix’s popular Final Fantasy 7 appears online, suggesting that the game’s release could be imminent.
This year has been good to fans of Square Enix’s classic game Final Fantasy 7. Not only was the much-anticipated Final Fantasy 7 Remake finally announced at this year’s E3 event, but a port of the original game was also announced to be making its way to the PlayStation 4. While there’s still no official release date for either game, new evidence suggests that the Final Fantasy 7 port could be coming to PS4 very soon.
That evidence comes in the form of the game’s trophy list, which has been leaked online. It looks like players that hope to acquire all of the game’s trophies have a serious challenge ahead of them, unless trophies aren’t disabled by the somewhat controversial Character Booster feature that will be present in the game.
In any case, the PS4 port of Final Fantasy 7 will feature 32 trophies in total, all of which can be viewed right here:
- Best Bromance – Go on a date with Barret in the Gold Saucer
- Breaking New Ground – Use a Limit Break
- Chocochampion – Win the Chocobo Racing mini-game
- Consummate Cross-dresser – Get Don Corneo to choose Cloud over the two females
- Corel’s Angel – Score 10,050 points or more in G-Bike at the Gold Saucer
- Failure IS an Option – Have your whole party fall in battle
- Fledgling Summoner – Use a summon Materia in battle
- First Blood – Emerge victorious from your first battle
- Making Waves – Obtain the Leviathan Materia
- Materia mastermind – Raise a Materia to Lv. 5
- Shuriken Join Us – Have Yuffie join your party
- Waiting in the Wings – Obtain the Bahamut Materia
- Won’t You be My Valentine? – Have Vincent join your party
- A Universe of Pain – Learn Cosmo Memory, Red XIII’s last Limit Break
- Bahamutype-0 – Obtain the Bahamut ZERO Materia
- Coming Up All Nines – Obtain 99,999,999 gil
- Gale Warning – Learn Highwind, Cid’s last Limit Break
- Inner Demons – Learn Chaos, Vincent’s last Limit Break
- Liege of Leveling – Reach Lv. 99 with one character
- Loose Cannon – Learn Catastrophe, Barret’s last Limit Break
- Meet Your Maker – Learn All Creation, Yuffie’s last Limit Break
- Packing a Punch – Learn Final Heaven, Tifa’s last Limit Break
- Roundtable Destruction – Obtain the Knights of the Round Materia
- See the Light – Learn Great Gospel, Aeris’s last Limit Break
- The Slash to End All Slashes – Learn Omnislash, Cloud’s last Limit Break
- Wheel of Fortune – Learn Slots, Cait Sith’s last Limit Break
- A Feat of Meteoric Proportions – Complete Final Fantasy 7
- Diamond Disintegrator – Defeat the Diamond Weapon
- Emerald Eviscerator – Defeat the Emerald Weapon
- Ruby Render – Defeat the Ruby Weapon
- Transcendant Convoker – Obtain the Master Summon Materia
- Gaia’s Guardian – Obtain all trophies
The previously rumored release date for Final Fantasy 7 on PS4 pegged the game for an October launch. Of course, it’s nearly December at this point, but perhaps the rumors were just a couple of months off the mark. Furthermore, achievement and trophy lists typically don’t appear until a game is close to release – usually a month or so in advance at most. Based on this evidence and the fact that the PlayStation Experience event is taking place from December 5th to the 6th, it seems like an official release date for the PS4 Final Fantasy 7 port could come as soon as next week.
How do you feel about the Final Fantasy 7 PS4 port? Will you buy the game, or are you waiting for the release of Final Fantasy 7 Remake? Do you plan on unlocking all of the trophies for the game, or will you ignore them entirely? Sound off in the comments and give us your thoughts on Final Fantasy 7‘s upcoming PlayStation 4 release.
The PlayStation 4 port of Final Fantasy 7 doesn’t have a solid release date just yet, but with the reveal of the game’s trophies, it will probably be available on the PS4 within the next few months.