With Fallout 4 easily being the most anticipated title of 2015, the only ways fans of the popular post-apocalyptic franchise can properly pass the time until its arrival is to either revisit the classics – Fallout 3 being most notable – manage their own vaults with Fallout Shelter, or mod Bethesda’s titles as much as possible to make a new release entirely. Thanks to the power of PC gaming communities, the creativity of video game modifications have become more prevalent than ever, and the Fallout series has definitely seen its fair share of alterations. For instance, Fallout: New Vegas has plenty of mods with one of the most intense being DUST Survival Simulator, which gives players the ultimate goal of simply staying alive.
Bearing the DUST re-haul in mind, ardent followers of Fallout: New Vegas are soon to get yet another ambitious conversion mod pretty soon. The fan-created expansion is entitled Project Brazil, and it’s comprised of 16 main missions, as well as a few side quests. Initially, the undertaking was going to be broken up over three separate chapters, but eventually got cut down to only two portions back in 2013.
Set in 2260 – 21 years prior to the occurrences in Fallout: New Vegas – the mod’s protagonist is an “adopted resident of Vault 18 embarking on a quest to a hidden complex in the ruins of Los Angeles.” Over the course of the game, players will encounter a couple of new and original paleo-tribal wasteland warrior factions made up of the first survivors to leave Vault 18. In addition to the freshly developed sects, gamers will also experience an enjoyable addition to Fallout‘s already rich lore with a story focused on “a pitched battle between the Survivalist Army, the New California Republic, and The Super Mutants, which shapes the politics and events leading to the NCR’s invasion of the Mojave.”
While the aforementioned features seem monumental, Project Brazil is primed to give gamers even more Wasteland fun. All of the mod’s elements are as follows:
• An Alternate Start in Vault 18 with a New Player Character and Main Quest
• A New Intro Video to really give it that “New Game”feeling
• An Ornate Main Quest Line with Compelling Side Quests rich in Fallout & Character Lore
• Hours of Voice Acting recorded at pro-quality in Radian-Helix Media’s Tucson, Az Studio
• A Very Large Worldspace in California – The Black Bear Mountain National Forest
• An Epic War between The Super Mutants, The Survivalist Raiders, and The New California Republic
• A Pirate Radio Station DETH 981 with 2 New DJs and Quest + Crafting + Perk Unlocking Segments
• A News Radio Station called NCRPR – New California Republic Radio – with quest updates in the News
• 5 Potential Human Companions and 2 Robot Companions available depending on player choices
With the team behind Project Brazil having continuously built onto the mod since 2013 after the first installment’s release, they hope to have the full piece of work finished before Bethesda‘s Fallout 4 drops in November. Taking that into account, this look into the venture’s updates is magnificent, and appears to be pretty close to completion. And should fans of the role-playing game series wish to join in on the action, there are also Fallout 4 mods already being developed of which they could also make.
Fallout: New Vegas is available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.