With just a couple of weeks before the long-awaited DOOM is released, Bethesda reveals the full list of PlayStation 4 trophies for its upcoming shooter.
With less than two weeks to go before DOOM‘s scheduled May release, gamers won’t have to wait much longer before they can get their hands on id Software’s highly-anticipated shooter. To give players an idea on what to expect from DOOM, Bethesda has revealed the full PlayStation 4 trophies list for the game, which can be found at the end of this article.
At 34 trophies in total, this list is notably shorter than other large games, such as The Division‘s 51 trophies. However, of those 34 trophies, around 29 appear to be dedicated to DOOM‘s single player campaign. This suggests that there’s a decent amount of gameplay to go through, which backs up id Software’s previous claims that the single player campaign takes 13 hours to complete.
Beyond giving players a hint at DOOM‘s length, there’s not a lot of story spoilers that can be gleaned from the list. This isn’t too surprising, given that id Software’s Executive Producer Martin Stratton has previously stated that story isn’t DOOM‘s driving force, although an in-depth narrative is available to those who want to find it.
In a nice little touch, the trophies list does feature a number of callbacks to the series’ long history. For some of the standard single player milestone trophies, id Software has opted to name them after the difficulty levels in the classic DOOM games, such as “Knee-Deep in the Dead” and “Thy Flesh Consumed,” and some of the series’ famous cheat codes, such as “IDDQD.”
While the callbacks are nice, the trophy list does reveal one thing that long-time DOOM fans will be pleased to see: the return of the Spider Mastermind. With the Spider Mastermind and the Cyberdemon now confirmed to make an appearance in the new DOOM, this all suggests that the reboot is undoubtedly going to be a tough slog for every gamer out there.
Given that there’s a trophy up for grabs for killing the Spider Mastermind, the Cyberdemon, and for completing DOOM on ultra-nightmare mode, it’s no wonder why no one at id has beaten the game on its highest difficulty level yet.
DOOM’s Trophies List:
- Thy Flesh Consumed – Earn all Trophies
- Shoot it Until it Dies – Defeat the Cyberdemon
- Outnumbered? No Problem – Defeat the Hell Guards
- Who’s Next? – Defeat the Spider Mastermind
- E1M1 – Complete the first mission of the campaign
- Into the Unknown – Warp to Hell
- Knee-Deep in the Dead – Complete the campaign on ‘I’m Too Young to Die’, ‘Hurt Me Plenty’, ‘Ultra Violence’, or ‘Nightmare’.
- A Toe into Madness – Complete The UAC on Ultra-Nightmare
- Up Close and Personal – Kill 50 enemies using the Chainsaw
- Specialist – Earn the Mastery for a weapon mod
- IDKFA – Earn the Masteries for all weapon mods
- Hot Swapper – Acquire all weapon mods
- Historian – Find all Data Logs
- Timing is Everything – Use explosive barrels to kill 100 enemies
- Every Nook and Cranny – Find all Collectibles
- Argent Overload – Fully upgrade Health, Armor, or Ammo capacity
- Argent Fiend – Fully upgrade Health, Armor, and Ammo capacity on a single campaign run.
- A Gift from Beyond – Earn a Rune
- The Circle is Complete – Earn all Runes
- Tinkering – Fully upgrade a Praetor Suit category.
- Overclocked- Fully upgrade all Praetor Suit categories on a single campaign run.
- Thorough Shopper- Complete all Challenges for a single mission.
- Butcher- Perform 200 Glory Kills
- Rip and Tear- Glory Kill all common enemy types in the campaign.
- Juicin’ it up- Kill 150 enemies while using Power Ups
- Momentum Shift- Upgrade a Rune
- IDDQD- Upgrade all Runes
- What Else Ya Got?- Complete all Mission Challenges
- IPXSETUP.EXE- Win a Multiplayer match
- Combat tested, Doomguy approved – Reach Level 5 in Multiplayer
- An Old Friend- Acquire the BFG
- Shareware- Create and publish a SnapMap
- No Rest for the Living- Play 5 published SnapMaps
- Entryway- Complete the SnapMap Basic and Advanced Tutorials
What’s your opinion of DOOM‘s trophies list? Do you think you can complete the game on ultra-nightmare? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
DOOM is scheduled for launch on May 13, 2016 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.