The game developers at Ubisoft Massive officially release Tom Clancy's The Division's full Update 1.3 patch notes one day ahead of its release tomorrow.
Tomorrow on PC and Xbox One, about a month before it launches on the PlayStation 4 on August 2, the first instance of paid DLC known as Underground is set to drop for Tom Clancy's The Division, and releasing simultaneously on June 28 will be the third-person shooter's sizable Update 1.3. Now, in order to prepare the game's players for exactly what the download will entail tomorrow, the developers at Ubisoft Massive have officially released the update's patch notes, which can be found in full over on the next page.
As is to be expected, The Division's patch notes cover all of the new content that will be found in the Underground expansion, including the new zone, the Dragon's Nest Incursion, the details of its Heroic mode coming a week later, as well as more gear sets and weapons. Similar to the paid DLC, Update 1.3 will only be available on PC and Xbox One starting tomorrow, with developers having pushed back its release on PS4 to sometime next week.
Aside from the new Incursion, perhaps the most engaging aspect of The Division's Update 1.3 is its incorporation of fresh guns. As it happens, the patch is set to bring a brand new gear set called AlphaBridge, along with a series of new high-end weapons and weapon types, including a Military G36 Assault Rifle, Surplus SVD Marksman Rifle, PP-19 Submachine Gun, and more.
Speaking of The Division's gun update, the 1.3 patch will also bring with it a lot of "significant" changes in order to accommodate a weapons balance. With this being the case, many of the open world title's would-be Agents should also expect some of their favorite guns to get weakened due to the popular class of SMGs getting a nerf.
Of course, The Division's Update 1.3 also provides a slew of bug and glitch fixes, such as the correction of flipping the moon back to where it no longer appears as being upside down. Plus, fans will be given a new feature allowing them to re-calibrate their weapons, and those with 231-plus gear score are going to get access to a new Dark Zone bracket.
Bearing all of this in mind, it's going to be interesting to see how fans respond to The Division's first installment of paid DLC and whether or not they wait to buy it after having endured what many consider to have been a rocky post-launch period for the game. After all, once The Division released back in March, there have been instances of update failures resulting in content delays, as well as myriad bugs that plagued the title that allowed lots of gamers to ruin the experience for honest players through the use of exploits.
Nevertheless, Ubisoft Massive appears to have gotten a decent handle on the problem of unethical fans by proclaiming a permanent ban on cheaters for a first offense. With any luck, the studio's latest update and its offerings with the Underground DLC for The Division will go off without a hitch upon their release.
Tom Clancy's The Division is out now and is available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
The Division Update 1.3: Underground – Patch Notes
Expansion 1: Underground
Please note that you must own the Underground DLC to gain access to this content. This is available on June 28 for Xbox One and PC, and August 2 for PlayStation 4.
- There is a secret war going on in the uncharted and claustrophobic depths of Manhattan. Root out the threat and earn unique rewards.
- Explore the Underground of New York in solo play or up to four player co-op.
- Operations: Experience randomly generated levels with all new environmental hazards and traps.
- Directives: Add a unique twist to your gameplay experience by changing the rules of engagement for both your enemies and your own team and combine more Directives to unlock better rewards.
- Underground Rank: Earn Underground experience and climb in Rank to unlock new Directives, Operation types, and exclusive Vanity Items.
New Incursion: Dragon’s Nest
- Travel to Hell’s Kitchen and investigate rumors of a new Cleaner weapon that can wreak havoc throughout Manhattan.
- You must be level 30 and have completed the mission "General Assembly" to access the incursion.
- The encounter is balanced for a team of four players outfitted with high-level gear.
- Heroic Mode will be available one week after release.
New Gear Sets and Weapons
- Added four new Gear Sets:
- B.L.I.N.D. – Control the battlefield with an improved Pulse skill and flashbangs with this hybrid gear set.
- DeadEYE – Dictate long-range engagements with powerful critical strikes or accurate headshots.
- FireCrest – Set your enemies ablaze with this offensive gear set.
- Reclaimer – Boost your entire group with the ultimate support set.
- B.L.I.N.D. System MDR Rifle: Please note that while it will be implemented in the game, you will not be able to acquire it until a future update.
The following content, changes, and bug fixes are available for Xbox One and PC players on June 28th. Unfortunately this patch has been delayed on PlayStation 4. Expect more information soon.
New Gear Sets
- Added one new Gear Set:
- AlphaBridge – Take advantage of all your equipped weapon talents with this powerful set.New High-End Weapons and Weapon Types
- Military G36 Assault Rifle
- G36C Assault Rifle
- G36 Enhanced Assault Rifle
- Surplus SVD Marksman Rifle
- Paratrooper SVD Marksman Rifle
- PP-19 Submachine Gun
- Enhanced PP-19 Submachine Gun
- X-45 Pistol
- First Wave X-45 Pistol
- The Showstopper: A unique full-auto shotgun that’s perfect for close-quarter combat.
Heroic Mode and Challenge Mode Missions
- Added Challenge mode difficulty for two new main missions:
- Hudson Refugee Camp
- Queens Tunnel Camp
- Fight even stronger enemies to unlock top tier rewards.
- Available for the Main Missions: Refugee Camp, Queen’s Tunnel Camp, Russian Consulate, Lincoln Tunnel Checkpoint, Lexington Event Center, and WarrenGate Power Plant.
- Available for the Incursions: Falcon Lost, Clear Sky, and Dragon’s Nest. Please note that Dragon’s Nest Heroic Mode will be made available the week after release for Underground owners.
- Daily Missions do not support the Heroic difficulty.
Base of Operations Extension
- The Terminal is a new shared social space inside the Base of Operations.
- The Terminal can be found in the back of the base, next to the Reward Claim Vendor.
- Visit High-Value Target contractors and all new Vendors.
- The Special Equipment Vendor has been split into two vendors within the Terminal, Items Vendor and Blueprint Vendor.
- Players can also Fast Travel directly to The Terminal.
- You can now recalibrate one of your Weapon Talents at the recalibration bench.
- Recalibrating a weapon talent requires Weapon Kits and Phoenix Credits. Weapon Kits can be acquired through drops in the game or crafted.
- Added a new Dark Zone bracket for 231+ Gear Score.
- Player stash size has been increased to 70 total slots (including Base of Operation upgrades).
- Level 30 players will now only encounter level 30 or higher enemy NPCs in Free Roam.
- Rebalanced NPC’s weak points to be more consistent across the board. This impacts the amount of damage needed to trigger them and the amount of damage it does when triggered.
- You can now convert three High-End Division Tech to one of any High-End crafting material.
- Reduced the Phoenix Credit costs of 204 High-End and 240 Gear Set items and blueprints.
- The Special Equipment Vendor in the Tech Wing only sells items now and will no longer sell Blueprints. Blueprints have been moved to a new vendor in The Terminal.
- You can no longer share an item that you have equipped.
- Adjustments have been made to NPC threat lists that caused players to stay in combat for large periods of time. You will now leave combat after reaching a certain distance away from the enemy or after a set amount of time.
- Players will now be disconnected from the game server if they are inactive for 15 minutes or longer.
- Players can now matchmake from inside no-respawn areas and can fast travel into activities while the group is in a no-respawn area.
- You can no longer kick a group member in a boss fight and up to one minute after it has been completed. This restriction does not apply to group members who are AFK or outside the mission area.
- All players must now be present in the final Circle in Clear Sky before you can interact with the laptop and fuses.
- NPCs located in the final Circle in Clear Sky will instantly respawn once killed until players enter the area.
- Players can no longer deploy Mobile Cover skill while they are performing a Cover-to-Cover move.
- Exotic Damage Resilience is now capped at 90%.
These changes only impact weapons acquired after Update 1.3 unless stated otherwise.
- Added unique bonuses to several weapon families:
- LMG – Increased damage to targets out of cover by X%.
- Shotguns – Added a chance to stagger NPCs. This will not affect other players.
- Assault Rifles – Added an enemy armor damage bonus. This does not impact damage done to other players.
- Every gear piece now has a set number of mod slots that can’t be recalibrated. This change only affects gear that drops after Update 1.3. Each gear piece will now have:
- Chest: 2 mod slots
- Mask: 1 mod slot
- Kneepad: 1 mod slot
- Backpack: 1 mod slot
- Gloves : 0 mod slots
- Holster: 0 mod slots
- 2 Set: +30% Headshot Damage
- 3 Set: +20% Damage to Elites
- Sentry’s Call 2 Set: +10% Headshot Damage
- Sentry’s Call 3 Set: +10% Damage to Elites
- Sentry’s Call 5 Set: +20% Headshot Damage and +10% Damage to Elites
- 2 Set: +20% Enemy Armor Damage
- 3 Set: +50% Critical Hit Damage
- Striker’s Battlegear 2 Set: +10% Enemy Armor Damage
- Striker’s Battlegear 3 Set: +20% Critical Hit Damage
- Striker’s Battlegear 5 Set: +10% Enemy Armor Damage and +30% Critical Hit Damage
- The 231+ Gear Score Dark Zone bracket will include more powerful NPCs.
- DZ 01-02 NPC lvl 33
- DZ 03-04 NPC lvl 34
- DZ 05-06 NPC lvl 35
- The High-Risk High-Value Targets have had their rewards and difficulty adjusted to take into account the Gear Score increase.
- Normalized loot drops from Main Missions in Challenge mode.
- Caduceus can now drop from Hard Mode Mission bosses.
- Normal mode Missions now drop Superior items.
- Green Division Tech will no longer drop in the Dark Zone after level 30.
- Added a base weapon damage value that makes it easier to compare weapons.
- Gear mods and weapon mods are now combined in the same inventory display.
- Added a new inventory slot for Misc.
- Improved the visibility of Supply Drops on the Mega Map.
- Fixed a bug where the Predator 4-set bleed effect would not trigger the Shrapnel player talent.
- Fixed a bug where a player using a med-kit while having the combat medic talent equipped would result in destroying allied skills proxy.
- Fixed a bug where using a med-kit while having the combat medic talent equipped would heal the player using it for 40% more health instead of just their allies.
- Fixed a bug where EMP grenades would not always trigger the Final Measure four-set defuse effect.
- Fixed a bug where the Operation ISAC timer was showing the incorrect time.
- Predatory weapon talent now correctly uses the player’s Health as the base of the healing amount, instead of the target’s Health.
- Fixed a bug where the Survivor Link Signature Skill would increase the movement speed while moving backwards and carrying an item.
- Fixed a bug where the Ballistic Shield would lose its hitbox after the player performed a roll move.
- Fixed a bug where the Ballistic Shield would become invincible after opening and closing the inventory.
- Fixed a bug where Pulse would sometimes not detect NPCs in range.
- Fixed a bug that caused loot containers to sometimes not be detected by Pulse when using the Recon Pack modification.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to go through objects by deploying the Mobile Cover at the top of stairs.
- Fixed a bug where NPC skirmishes could start while a Supply Drop event was underway in that same location.
- Fixed Supply Drop notifications and mission tracker inconsistencies.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Explosive Bullets to sometimes damage players behind cover.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the damage shown by the weapon blueprint is higher than the actual damage of the crafted weapon.
- Fixed a bug where sending a group invite to a player from the suggested list would make that player visible on the megamap in the Dark Zone.
- Fixed VoIP chat causing lag and freezes in the Dark Zone.
- Fixed a bug where surplus Division Tech rewarded in Sealed Caches would not drop to the ground if the player had reached Division Tech resource limit in their pouches.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players could not pick up currency drops from enemy NPCs.
- Fixed a bug where the Rogue icon would stay on the map after the Rogue player was eliminated.
- Fixed a bug where players could use the Ballistic Shield skill to break the collision with the Dark Zone Checkpoint doors and enter the Checkpoint while Rogue.
- Fixed a bug where players would be teleported out of an electronics shop inside Clinton map area.
- Fixed a bug where the player could exit the playable map area in Napalm Production Site mission.
- Fixed a bug in Napalm Production Site where sometimes the first objective would not complete if players killed the NPCs and Napalm tank with a single Sticky Bomb.
- Fixed an FPS issue during the explosion sequence in Napalm Production Site.
- Fixed a bug where players would be considered outside the playable map area and teleported out in DZ06.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players would take damage when climbing a ladder in DZ01.
- Fixed several character collision issues in Precinct Siege mission in Brooklyn.
- Fixed a bug where the Critical Search and Destroy mission icon would not display on the Megamap.
- Fixed a bug where High Value Target NPCs could shoot through walls in Flatiron District.
- Fixed a bug where the High-Value Target mission in Hell’s Kitchen would sometimes lock loot behind a door.
- Fixed a rare bug where a group of Level 1 NPCs would spawn in DZ04.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the Deconstruction UI pop-up would overlap the Crafting Table menu.
- Fixed a bug where you could recalibrate an attribute to a value outside of what was displayed in the UI.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause numbers to be rounded incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes reloading wouldn't take extended magazines into consideration.
- Fixed a bug where ending reload animations would not play.
- Fixed a bug where the player would be stuck in the blind fire position for too long.
- Fixed a bug where player would see the fall damage warning on non-movement interactions.
- Fixed the color of vanity loot drops when viewed in the game world from afar.
- Fixed some audio propagation bugs for Fragmentation Grenade and player gunshots while in the Dark Zone.
- Fixed several subtitle localization issues for interactions with JTF patrols.
- Fixed a bug where friends were not visible on the megamap when not grouped.
- Fixed a rare issue where the mission UI would disappear following a mission failure.
- Minor text corrections for a few items in the in-game store.
- Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
This is What the PS5 Cartridges Might Look Like
- Improvements to consumable and grenade selection wheel navigation.
- Added new key binding options for instant skill use (self-cast).
- Player kills are now announced in local chat, including the player usernames.
- Increased size of ignore list for chat and old entries are now pushed off the end of the list (removed).
- Fixed the UI notifications for the High-Value Target vendor.
- Fixed a bug where the mouse wheel would not scroll the Gear Mod inventory screen.
- Fixed a bug where the scrollbar would not return to the top of the pane when players changed blueprint selections in any vendor inventory screen.
- Tobii eye-tracking: Separated Aim-At-Gaze and Cover-At-Gaze options.
Leave A Comment