Season 7 is coming to a close in Diablo 3, but Blizzard is already prepared to launch Season 8 starting October 21 and is sharing all the latest rewards.
A new season is approaching for Diablo III and Blizzard has published a first look at what players can expect, and what rewards they can earn. Season 8 will be much like other recent seasons for Diablo III, with similar rewards, Conquests, and more. While Season 8 may not push for uniqueness, that doesn’t mean the rewards and challenges aren’t exciting and worth venturing back into the depths of hell for. Torment awaits starting Friday, October 21 at 5:00pm PDT.
For those unfamiliar, Diablo III implemented a system they call the Journey. The Journey system rewards players for creating a new Seasonal character, leveling it and accomplishing increasingly difficult goals. Reaching max level is just the start of it, though, as Diablo III‘s Season 8 Journey will push players further into Greater Rifts, deeper into Torment, and always hunting rarer sets and legendaries.
Season 8 has an all new set of rewards for tiers of Journey completion. As is expected, there’s a new set of wings, a new portrait series inspired by the Burning Hells, and this Season’s piece of the Conqueror Set — the leg piece. Those who push further and attain the rank of Conqueror in the Journey will again earn an extra tab in their stash. Blizzard is also once again granting a free full set to help along the way .
Haedrig’s Gift in Season 8 will grant the following sets for players to earn:
- Barbarian – Immortal King’s Call
- Crusader – Seeker of Light
- Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
- Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
- Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
- Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing Arcana
Those willing to attempt Diablo III‘s most challenging quests for Season 8 should take note of the newly rotated set of Conquest objectives. Here’s the list of the 5 Conquests players will be able to select from during their questing, as well as their Hardcore mode counterparts:
- Boss Mode / Worlds Apart – Kill certain bosses at max level on Torment X within 20 minutes of the start of the game.
- Divinity / Lionhearted – Reach Greater Rift Level 75 Solo.
- Curses! / Stars Align – Kill 350 or m ore monsters in a Cursed Chest event at level 70 on Torment X difficulty.
- Years of War / Dynasty – Reach Greater Rift Level 55 Solo with the bonuses of six of the following Class Sets.
- Masters of the Universe / Masters of Sets – Master 8 of certain Set Dungeons.
As is typical for Diablo III Seasons, Season 7 will be ending soon — Friday, October 14 at 5:00pm PDT to be specific. That will give players a week to get used to their Season 7 characters joining the crowd of retired characters on their character lists, while researching what class they should pick up at the start of Season 8.
Diablo III is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. Seasonal content, however, is exclusive to PC.