While Diablo 3 might not have had the smoothest launch in the history of Blizzard games, it has, like most of the other titles in the developer’s library, only improved dramatically over time. With the release of Diablo 3‘s latest DLC, Rise of the Necromancer, things are looking even better for Blizzard’s hell-obsessed action RPG, as fans of the series have finally gotten to roll a Necromancer – one of the most popular classes in Diablo 2 and something gamers have been asking about for quite some time.
Now that Diablo 3‘s Rise of the Necromancer has been out for a few days, though, fans have begun to transition from simply enjoying the gameplay of a new class to outright attempting to break it. Diablo 3 players have already discovered some of the best Necromancer builds available in the game, and after some testing and number-crunching, even the statistically best Necromancer gear set has been uncovered for what fans believe to be the best build.
Knowing about this gear is one thing, however – finding it is quite another. Luckily, Game Rant has put together a helpful guide to aid players in acquiring the fanciest, and most efficient, set of armor for their aspiring, skeleton-wielding death wizards to wreak havoc with.
Where to Get Legendary Necromancer Gear
Most of the items listed below will still require some good RNG – they’ll drop from killing monsters or looting areas of dungeons on Torment difficulty, or through Blood Shard gambling. However, there are areas to grind through enemies in order to find this Legendary gear, so it won’t be a total shot in the dark – and the search is well worth it, as this armor compliments high-level Necromancer players with significant bonuses to their build of choice.
Once the complete gear set has been acquired, players can run the Set Dungeons that correspond to that gear. Only one player needs to be wearing the gear in order to activate the dungeon, but they need to be wearing the full set.
Bones of Rathma
The Bones of Rathma has the following set bonuses:
- 2: Your minions have a chance to reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 1 second each time they deal damage.
- 4: You gain 1% damage for 15 seconds each time one of your minions deal damage. Max 50 stacks.
- 6: Each active Skeletal Mage increases the damage of your minions and Army of the Dead by 250%.
The dungeon for the Bones of Rathma is found on the Sacred Path in Act 2. First, players should head to the Temple of the Firstborn and head through the door to The Sacred Path. Next, they’ll need to follow the path toward the exit to Shrouded Moors. The entrance to the dungeon will be just to the left of that exit.
Grace of Inarius
The Grace of Inarius has the following set bonuses:
- 2: Bone Armor Damage is increased by 1000%.
- 4: Bone Armor grants an additional 2% damage reduction per hit.
- 6: Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 750% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer by 2750%.
The Grace of Inarius dungeon is found in the Drowned Temple during Act 1. Once inside the temple, players simply have to follow a set of stairs down toward an entrance that is easily found at the bottom.
Pestilence Master’s Shroud
The Pestilence Master’s Shroud has the following set bonuses:
- 2: Each corpse you consume fires a Corpse Lance at a nearby enemy.
- 4: Each enemy you hit with a Bone Spear reduces your damage taken by 2%, up to a maximum of 50%. Lasts 15 seconds.
- 6: Each corpse you consume grants you and Empowered Bone Spear charge that increases the damage of your next Bone Spear by 3000%.
The dungeon for Pestilence Master’s Shroud is found in Bastion Keep’s Stronghold on Level 3 during Act 3. Once players make it to level 3, they simply need to continue forward until a pathway to the right shows up. Necromancers need only follow this path to eventually uncover the dungeon’s entrance.
Trag’Oul’s Avatar has the following set bonuses:
- 2: Blood Rush gains the effect of every rune.
- 4: While at full life, your healing from skills is added your maximum Life for 45 seconds, up to 100% more.
- 6: Your Life-spending abitilies deal 3300% increased damage but cost twice as much life. Your healing from skills is increased by 100%.
Trag’Oul’s Avatar’s dungeon is in Act 4, and is located in the Upper Realm of Cursed Fate. Players need to turn right upon entering, then turn down a path that clearly heads downward. Following that path, players will eventually run right into the entrance to the required dungeon.
There you have it! This guide represents a comprehensive look at some of the most important gear available right now for fledgling Necromancers looking to up their capabilities in Diablo 3.
Diablo 3 is currently available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The Rise of the Necromancer DLC pack launched on all supported platforms on June 27.