After Square Enix released the trailer promoting Deus Ex: Human Revolution back in June, gamers have been clamoring for more information on the prequel with a pedigree. The footage shown in the trailer was phenomenal, and the presentation at E3 confirmed that the trailer was not just a “dramatization” of the actual game (I’m looking at you DC Universe and Star Wars: The Old Republic).
However, new information on Eidos Montreal‘s cyberpunk title had been rather sparse of late. But thanks to Steam’s page for the game, we recently learned that the target date for release is in February 2011. Steam also confirmed some features you can expect to see in the game:
- The long-awaited return of the award winning franchise that blends the best of Action and RPG: the perfect mix of combat, stealth, hacking, and social gameplay.
- Play as Adam Jensen, a mechanically augmented agent: customize and upgrade your character with more than 50 unique augmentations that support your style of play.
- Deadly weapons: Over 20 available weapons, each with their own customizable elements.
- Fight enemies including dangerous thugs, augmented special operations soldiers, advanced robots; and engage in epic boss battles.
- Live the reactive and dangerous world: your choices will have consequences in the game’s world.
- Play in an open-ended world: there are always multiple solutions to every challenge.
- Engage the unique Cyber Renaissance setting: discover a unique world that blends near future and Renaissance elements.
- Travel the world: visit multiple unique locations across the globe each with their own design, story and gameplay elements.
- Become involved in vast global conspiracy: unravel the story – discover who you can really trust.
- Decide humanity’s future: the decision you make and the actions you take will lead to an ultimate decision on mankind’s future.
It will be interesting to see the different augmentations that will available. Some of the old standbys such as stealth, strength, jumping, enhanced sight, defense, and hacking have already been confirmed. Whether the “more than 50” number is made up of distinct abilities or simply includes levels of the various augmentations is still unknown.
Square Enix has also released some new impressive screenshots for gamers to pour over. You’ll see some location shots, the framing of a conversation, Jensen taking out some alleged bad guys, and some of the options you’ll have when hacking computers.
We’ll continue to bring you information on this ambitious title as we receive it. In the meantime, let us know what you think of the new screenshots!
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is set for release in February 2011 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC, and OnLive.