Destiny‘s newest update dramatically changes the game’s upgrade economy, giving players more ways to reach the new 400 Light level cap in Rise of Iron.
Destiny‘s latest update, 2.4.1 is now live and make a number of changes and bug fixes to the game. Most notably, as previewed before, the update widens the upgrade economy and increases the Light level from 385 to 400.
Developer Bungie posted the full Patch Notes on their website, listing the loot and its level that players can expect to receive across Destiny‘s activities:
- The SIVA Strike Playlist will now drop rewards up to 365 Light
- The Heroic SIVA Strike Playlist will now drop rewards up to 385 Light
- Archon’s Forge can now drop rewards up to 385 Light
- Archon’s Forge can now drop Ghosts and Artifacts up to 400 Light
- Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner, Crucible, and Strike Hoards will now provide drops up to 400 Light
- Wrath of the Machine, Trials of Osiris, and Iron Banner will now attempt to reward higher Light items on average
- Vanguard, Crucible, and Faction packages will now provide drops up to 390 Light
- Increased chance of Artifacts from Crota’s Bane Reputation Packages
- Increased chance of Ghosts from New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, Vanguard, and Crucible Reputation Packages
- Rare Engrams will now decrypt up to 365 Light
- Legendary Engrams will now decrypt up to 385 Light
- Exotic Engrams will now decrypt up to 400 Light
The most major note is that these changes will not go into effect until the Heroic Mode of Wrath of the Machine launches later today. That has kept fans from being able to cash in their engrams that they may have saved up and climbing the ladder to higher Light as quickly ahead of Heroic Mode.
In other changes, in an attempt to free up some Vault space, a new kiosk for Festival of the Lost masks has been created. Located next to the Speaker in Tower North, players can pick up masks that they earned last year during Destiny’s Halloween event. It will also store any masks collected by players when the event returns later this month as well.
There was also a change made to Horn Relays earned previously in the Sparrow Racing League event. They no longer are used to upgrade rare quality horns. As a result, all players have been granted 15 Silver Dust, which can be used to apply ornaments or buy them from Xur. in addition horns can now be picked up at the Sparrow kiosk, whereas previously if they were not stored in the Vault or in a player’s inventory, they would be gone.
To see the full patch notes, visit Bungie’s website here.
Destiny: Rise of Iron is available now on PS4 and Xbox One.