Destiny: Rise of Iron kicks off another new week of content for players with the weekly playlist reset and here is everything that you’ll need to know for Nov 29.
For many Destiny: Rise of Iron players, this week is the calm before the storm. As promised, Bungie has teased and admitted that new content is on the way. Fans are already well aware of the promise of sparrow racing in December when SRL makes its yearly return but the question for many revolves around what else is on the horizon.
After lots of speculation among the community and cryptic messages from Bungie, the studio admitted that it will have a presence at the annual PlayStation Experience event this coming weekend. While many are expecting to see season 2 of the Sparrow Racing League event for the first time similar to what Bungie announced last year, others are expecting a more substantial update. The last thing anyone wants is another lengthy content drought that negatively impacted the community earlier this year.
Either way, today is indeed Tuesday and for Destiny fans, that means it’s time to reset the week and get a dose of something new. As we do each and every week, here is the complete list of all the new playlists, bounties, and everything in between for the week of November 29, 2016.
This week in the nightfall, players will be sent to the Moon to The Abomination Heist. Introduced a couple months ago within the Rise of Iron expansion, The Abomination Heist features the Fallen Splicers experimenting on the Hive. Their ultimate goal is to steal an abomination directly from the Summoning Pits, something which players need to stop from happening.
Though this strike is a remastered version of The Summoning Pits from year one, Bungie has updated it with new content including SIVA and the Devil Splicers. Considering this strike takes place within the Hellmouth on the Moon, players should expect to see plenty of Fallen and Hive battles going on as well. Things take a somewhat familiar turn near the end of the strike however.
Once players reach the Circle of Bones, a Hive abomination waits, chained up and clearly angry. Of course, as these things go, the Hive abomination breaks free from its shackles, forcing players to not only continue to deal damage to it, but to keep tabs on the waves of Hive now pouring into the area. Guardians need to stay mobile as standing still too long in any one spot will likely result in a game over screen.
Here are the active modifiers for this week: Epic, Berserk, Fresh Troops, Match Game, Airborne, and Catapult.
- Epic adds heavily shielded enemies that are more aggressive and appear in greater numbers.
- Berserk prevents enemies from flinching even after taking massive damage.
- Specialist favors damage from special weapons.
- Juggler prevents ammo from dropping for equipped weapons, so players will want to switch weapons often to get ammo to generate for guns that need it.
- Finally, Chaff disables the radar, even with a Memory of Gheleon or MIDA Multi-tool equipped.
SIVA Crisis Heroic Strike Playlist
Unlike the Nightfall, the SIVA Crisis Heroic playlist features a burn modifier this week, emphasizing arc damage, so players are encouraged to utilize specific sub-classes such as the Stormcaller, Striker, or Bladedancer to make things a little easier. Not only that, a Zhalo Supercell comes in handy as well considering that its the only primary weapon that deals out arc damage. In addition to arc burn, this playlist also features these modifiers: Heroic, Chaff, and Catapult.
- Like every week, Heroic buffs enemies, making them more aggressive and in greater numbers than normal.
- Arc Burn greatly increases arc (electricity) based damage from any source. Remember that this goes both ways and is not only for Guardians.
- Just as it is in the Nightfall, Chaff disables the radar, even with a Memory of Gheleon or MIDA Multi-tool equipped.
- Lastly, Catapult greatly increases the grenade recharge rate.
Like each and every week, the SIVA Crisis playlist is a great way to earn valuable high level light loot and score an easy 30 Legendary Marks. The new Radiant Treasure boxes are also a main draw and the easiest way to acquire Silver Dust and new weapon ornaments including the recently added ones for Bad JuJu. Though it is quite rare, this playlist also gives a solid chance to earn a Skeleton Key that players can use to unlock new strike specific loot.
Combined Arms is back in the weekly Crucible playlist spotlight after being revived in the Rise of Iron expansion.
What makes this playlist unique is that in addition to normal weapon combat, it adds vehicles into the mix as well such as Interceptors and Pikes. Matches are restricted to the largest maps in Destiny, so expect to see plenty of Bastion and First Light. Don’t forget that up to 30 Legendary Marks can be earned from playing this.
The new social space of the Iron Temple at Felwinter Peak should be a destination point for all players this week as well. As usual, the Cryptarch Tyra Karn is offering the weekly Artifacts of the Iron Lords quest where players finish patrols and other actions to earn a token that can be redeemed for one of three artifacts. For those still collecting these artifacts, Tyra has Memory of Perun, Memory of Timur, and Memory of Felwinter available this week.
- Memory of Perun highlights enemies that have low health and other players with full super meters.
- Memory of Timur has a chance to turn minor enemies of the darkness against their allies after getting hit with a melee attack.
- Memory of Felwinter removes the super ability, but grants an extra grenade and melee charge, and provides a small boost to all stats. Not only that, picking up orbs grant melee and grenade energy.
Shiro-4 has a completely refreshed stock of Iron Lord bounties this week as well in addition to the Plaguelander weekly quest chain. The following bounties are available this week: Anti-Splicer, Stay Down, Archon’s Forge: Vandals, and Archon’s Forge: Shanks.
Players looking to finish off the four exotic quests in the Rise of Iron record book should keep in mind that these bounties also give a chance to start the Thorn exotic quest line.
- Anti-Splicer can be completed once 10 Patrols have been finished. Easy enough for those working on the Plaguelander quest chain as well.
- Stay Down requires players to simply kill a set amount of Fallen.
- Archon’s Forge: Vandals requires that players complete four total vandal encounters inside of Archon’s Forge.
- Archon’s Forge: Shanks requires that players complete four shank encounters inside of Archon’s Forge.
Before heading out to bash some Splicer skulls, make sure to visit the tower where Crucible handler, Lord Shaxx, is waiting with a new weekly bounty. Up this week is Taking Control, a bounty that places the focus on Control matches. In order to complete it, players will need to finish 7 Control matches, get 30 advantage kills, capture 15 flags, and capture the B flag first during a match. Don’t forget that finishing the weekly Crucible bounty grants Nightfall tier rewards, helping players get closer to that maximum light level of 400.
Challenge of the Elders
Players still looking for Sterling Treasure should stop by the Reef to speak to Variks. Finishing off the level 41 Prison of Elders is all it takes to claim a weekly offering filled with either Spektar or Desolate gear, chroma, and reputation boosts.
For Guardians working on the Elder’s Sigil in the Challenge of the Elders, the modifiers for this week are: Brawler, Small Arms, and a bonus for grenade kills.
- Brawler increases Guardian melee damage.
- Small Arms favors primary weapon damage.
- Lastly, all Grenade Kills award bonus points for killing enemies with a grenade.
Unfortunately, there’s still not much to report in terms of events. As always, Trials of Osiris is available on the weekends, so grab a fire team and jump in.
The Wrath of the Machine raid again rotated the challenge mode available, so this week players will face off against Vosik in his particular challenge this week.
As always, good luck and stay safe out there, Guardians!
Destiny: Rise of Iron is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.