Destiny will receive a game update next week, raising the Light Level to 400 and opening up more avenues for players to get higher level loot from numerous sources.
With the Heroic Mode of Wrath of the Machine launching next week, Destiny will receive an update to allow players to reach the next planned Light Level cap of 400. The plan for Destiny: Rise of Iron has always been to have a two-tiered Light progression; first was the grind to 385 Light, which would prepare players for the hard mode raid, after which players would start the climb up to a new 400 Light level cap.
Update 2.4.1, as it is being called, will be pushed to Destiny on Tuesday, October 18 at 10 a.m. Pacific. The main function of the update will be to update and raise the possible Light Levels of gear from multiple sources. Here is the full list of changes:
- Maximum Light increase to 400.
- Strike Hoards, Nightfall, Exotic Engrams, Trials of Osiris, Crucible, and Iron Banner will now provide rewards up to 400 Light.
- Archon’s Forge, the Heroic SIVA Strike playlist, and Legendary Engrams will now provide rewards up to 385 Light.
- Rare Engrams and the SIVA Strike Playlist will now provide rewards up to 365 Light.
- The recommended Light for these activities will remain the same with the exception of the Nightfall, which will be increased to a recommended light of 380.
- Wrath of the Machine, Trials of Osiris, and Iron Banner will now attempt to reward higher Light on average, compared to the player's current Light.
- Artifacts and Ghosts were dropping from fewer sources than intended and have been added as Archon’s Forge completion rewards. These items will now drop up to 400 Light. In Faction Packages, the rate at which Ghosts are rewarded has been increased. Likewise, the rate of artifacts from Eris’ Faction Packages have been increased.
Bungie says these changes will allow those not yet at 385 get up to that level in order to run Wrath of the Machine Heroic Mode:
For those striving to reach Heroic Wrath of the Machine or even attempt their first run at Normal Wrath of the Machine, players should find more paths and options available to them to reach the recommended Light.
Bungie says there will be more changes included in the 2.4.1 Update, but these are the major ones coming. In addition, it is likely that this year's Festival of the Lost will also launch with the update based on Bungie's choice of words in this tease:
There are more changes to come. Those announcements are yet to be... unmasked. [emphasis added]
Festival of the Lost, Destiny's Halloween live event is confirmed to be coming this month, which involves collecting masks. There may be some additional content coming with the event as well, as Bungie has said it hopes to gives players a little more to do this time around with Festival of the Lost.
Destiny: Rise of Iron is available now on PS4 and Xbox One.