Bungie is unveiling the next wave of Destiny’s exotic gear, including Year 2 versions of Plan C, The Armamentarium, Mida Multi-Tool, Dragon’s Breath and Nothing Manacles.
After promising to unveil a new wave of Destiny exotics yesterday in their Weekly Update, Bungie has delivered. Well, they’re in the process of delivering. At 10:00AM PT Bungie started the ignition on their Instagram account and have since unveiled seven new exotics. Maybe new isn’t wholly correct, as all seven items are Year One exotics which will be receiving the Destiny Year 2 bump. All that means is that there are more exotics left to be revealed, including two entirely new items.
As expected, the Instagram reveals don’t include all of the exciting details that players might have wanted for these exotic reveals. Each reveal includes a picture of the item as if the player were examining it in-game, as well as the flavor text for each new item. Stats and perks are not included, but odds are those are already readily available via various Destiny wikis and resources. Data-mining these days, right? Every surprise is ruined!
Let’s get on with the show and take a look at these new Year Two exotics! Here’s a breakdown of each item already revealed, as well as the flavor text attached to it:
- Mida Multi-Tool – Exotic Scout Rifle – “Select Application: Ballistic engagement. Entrenching tool. Avionics trawl. Troll smasher. Stellar sextant. List continues.”
- The Armamentarium – Exotic Titan Chest – “For This, There Is One Remedy.”
- Dragon’s Breath – Exotic Rocket Launcher – “Burn the world. Burn it all.”
- Plan C – Exotic Fusion Rifle – “Good fighters have contingency plans. Great fighters don’t need them.”
- Nothing Manacles – Exotic Warlock Gauntlets – “The equations balance thus: you are diminished, and I am exalted. You are broken, and I am made strong.”
- Super Good Advice – Exotic Machine Gun – “This weapon is full of it.”
- ATS/8 Tarantella – Exotic Hunter Chest – “Piezoweave induces controlled muscle spasms to improve combat performance.”
- Apotheosis Veil – Exotic Warlock Helmet – “Most helmets protect the mind from the universe. Not this one.”
- No Land Beyond – Exotic Sniper Rifle Primary Weapon – “Every hit blazes the path to our reclamation.“
- Radiant Dance Machines – Exotic Hunter Boots – “Built for swift movement, they provide unexpected and decisive social benefits.“
- Achlyophage Symbiote – Exotic Hunter Helmet – “They told me it would eat my thoughts and leave me full of Light.”
- Twilight Garrison – Exotic Titan Chest – “One day the Last City will be known as the First City.”
- Hard Light – Exotic Auto Rifle – “Ionized polymer synballistic attack platform. The system’s lethality is dynamically robust across tactical spaces.“
- Bones of Eao – Exotic Hunter Boosts – ““Defy extinction.“
There are at least two more exotics left to be revealed, the two brand new exotics. Though there’s also the possibility they’re putting out a Year Two version of each different weapon type, in which case there could be another 5-10 exotics coming down the pipeline. That’d also mean Gjallarhorn’s out, since Dragon’s Breath is filling the rocket launcher slot. Maybe that’s for the best? Expect these exotic reveals to roll out over the next few hours. It’s doubtful that Bungie wants to take these items home for the weekend.
The exotics revealed so far as certain to please many, with The Armamentarium at the very least guaranteed to make some Titans who farm the crucible very pleased. They need those extra pockets for grenades. The other items are exciting to see, but less because they each have been highly anticipated and more because it’s just fun to see more exotics available in Destiny. Bungie’s extremely unlikely to add any completely broken Year One exotics back into the mix without a heavy rehaul, so maybe it’s for the best that they aren’t making an appearance in this wave?
Bungie’s current plans are to release this wave of exotics with their December content patch, according to the Bungie Weekly Update. Players will, “start earning them in the places where Exotics get earned,” or be able to manufacture them at their kiosk as long as they have the requisite Marks.
Destiny: The Taken King is out now for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.