A fan data mines the requirements for earning Destiny‘s Moments of Triumph for the game’s Year Two ahead Bungie officially announcing the achievements’ return.
Destiny is currently in its Year Two, which was marked by the release of The Taken King in September 2015. Destiny‘s fall expansion Rise of Iron will ostensibly kick off the game’s Year Three. Back when the first year of Destiny was coming to a close prior to the launch of The Taken King, Bungie unveiled Moments of Triumph, which was a collection of challenges that if completed, would award players with a special emblem to mark their achievements.
Fans have been assuming that Bungie would bring back the Moments of Triumph before the end of Year Two, and it appears they were correct. One fan, who goes by Vivek Hari on Twitter, says the information came from Destiny‘s API after Update 2.3.0 was pushed to Destiny.
Yet to be confirmed, but presumably legitimate, here are the benchmarks fans will have to achieve to complete this year’s Moments of Triumph:
- Complete an Elders’ Sigil scorecard in the Prison of Elders.
- Complete The Taken King’s main questline, culminating in “Regicide.”
- Equip a fully leveled Year Two sublcass on any character.
- Complete the Crucible questline culminating in “The Mountaintop.”
- Collect all 50 Calcified Fragments.
- Complete any of the Exotic sword quests from Shaxx.
- Complete the April quests “At the Gates” and “Return to the Prison.”
- Defeat Oryx in the King’s Fall Raid on Hard difficulty.
It’s unknown what the reward for completing Year Two’s Moments of Triumph will be. The details will likely be announced by Bungie on July 7, known by the developer’s community as Bungie Day. That is when Bungie announced last year’s Moments of Triumph so it is safe to assume a similar announcement this year.
This is another cat that has been let out of the bag early that follows a string of leaks that revealed Rise of Iron ahead of Bungie’s official reveal. Bungie is not showing anything new of Rise of Iron at E3 this week, but the develop has let go a few small details about Destiny‘s next raid.
Bungie is promising to be talking more and more about Rise of Iron over the course of the summer, marching up to the expansion’s launch in the fall.
Destiny: Rise of Iron launches September 20, 2016 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Source: Vivek Hari via Twitter