Though Destiny 2 has fallen on rougher than expected times over these past couple weeks thanks to a number of controversies, the developer has been keeping good on its promise for change and communication. Earlier this week, the second major update for the game added Masterwork weapons into the game, fixed the power level requirements for the Prestige Leviathan raid, and much more. Weekly events such as the newly revamped Iron Banner are right around the corner and it appears that dataminers have already discovered the new weapons for season 2.
According to YouTuber Mesa Sean, the new weapons available during season 2 of Iron Banner were added to the Destiny 2 database this week, giving players a closer look at each one. Here's what to expect:
- Orimund's Anvil - 450 rounds per minute assault rifle that focuses on reducing recoil through the Steady Rounds and Under Pressure perks.
- Orewing's Maul - Legendary grenade launcher that auto-reloads itself while holstered and lets players select between concussion or stun grenades.
- Crimil's Dagger - A high impact, high recoil hand cannon with armor-piercing rounds that also has improved accuracy and range on the opening shot of attack.
- Jorum's Claw - Similar to the Leviathan Raid pulse rifle, this Iron Banner pulse rifle comes with the outlaw perk which grants faster reload speed after precision kills.
- Frostmire's Hex - Unlike most Scout Rifles, this one is a full-auto with more ammo, high caliber rounds, and a faster reload once fully depleted. Not only that, it comes with the Dragonfly perk where headshots cause explosions.
- Gunnora's Axe - A single slug round shotgun that can have a longer range with improved accuracy and range on the opening shot of attack.
So far, Bungie has remained quiet as to when exactly the next Iron Banner would be returning to the Tower. Fans will likely know more later today however when Bungie publishes its weekly blog post on the state of the game. At the very least, the developer has confirmed that more information on the winter-themed Dawning event will arrive later today. Speculation has already begun that things will kick off next Tuesday and run through the new year.
The planned Faction Rally event for this week was previously postponed due to the power level controversy with non-Curse of Osiris owners, so it's unclear if the delay will move the entire event schedule back by a week. Either way, whenever the Iron Banner arrives, it's bringing a number of new, community-focused changes with it for season 2. This time around, fans will be able to directly purchase gear from Saladin using Tokens and Shards instead of relying solely on the RNG system. In addition, it appears that Masterwork level weapons also have a chance at dropping via the Iron Banner engrams, which should give players more incentive to participate in the event.
Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.