It’s been an exciting week for Destiny 2 fans as Bungie unveiled two of its planned end game content for high power players. The first arrived last week in the form of the Leviathan Raid, where guilds raced to be the first to complete the complex and difficult mission inside a living ship. In the end, it was the guild The Legend Himself which came out on top after about six hours of battling the Cabal and Emperor Calus. To celebrate the world first clear, Bungie then added a brand new Crucible map for everyone to enjoy modeled after the raid area called Emperor’s Respite.
The second endgame activity for Destiny 2 arrived this past Friday as the new and improved competitive mode Trials of the Nine made its debut. Taking the place of the old Trials of Osiris, this new PvP mode introduced a few new tricks up its sleeve by making the combat 4v4, a mode that rotates on a weekly basis including Countdown and Survival, and a locked loadout at the start of a match. Earn at least one win and players can visit the new social space called The Spire and speak to a new NPC called The Emissary.
This week, the reset has once again arrived, bringing with it a brand new set of milestones to work at over the next seven days. These milestones are the best way to push character power levels beyond 265, where Destiny 2 typically stalls out in terms of loot power. Here’s are all of the new quests, tasks, and events for the week of September 19, 2017.
Weekly Nightfall Strike
This week in the Nightfall, players are going back to Nessus for the Exodus Crash strike. Unlike last week where the Red Legion and Vex made up most of the enemies to shoot at, Exodus Crash focuses on the Fallen. Compared to the other strikes, this one is one of the more challenging ones currently available, asking players to deal with things like laser traps, wave defense segments, and even walker tanks before the final boss fight.
Players begin their mission in the Exodus Crash zone of Nessus, a contested area where Fallen and Vex are seemingly locked in an eternal struggle against one another. Once the enemies are cleared out, hop on a Pike or a Sparrow and move through the arc pulses until it reaches 100% and be prepared to do this again in the next area. Keep in mind that the message log will point out when an anomaly is near, so make sure to stop and destroy them to add more time to the Nightfall timer.
The first real combat zone asks players to defend their Ghost against waves of Fallen as it scans a device. Players will want to spread out and stick to cover to regenerate health when needed. Overcharged Shanks will appear every so often and will need to be dealt with quickly before they reach Ghost. Once completed, players will need to scan more arc pulses before heading into another big battle against a Fallen Walker tank. Heavy pikes here should help make quick work of the Vex and Fallen enemies as well as the tank.
After that, players will enter the ship and ultimately the final boss battle. Before confronting Thaviks The Depraved, try shooting the overcharged shanks before dropping into the arena to make life somewhat easier. Thaviks is able to go invisible, and will generally do so often before reappearing near players for some cheap melee hits. The biggest thing to watch out for are the overcharged shanks which are able to electrify the floor making certain sections of the room unusable until they’re defeated. Adds will constantly flood into the room so players are urged to stay spread out to avoid taking big damage from Thaviks, and taking out the shanks faster.
The active modifiers this week are:
- Prism: Player attacks deal more damage when it matches the focused element, which rotates periodically. All other elemental damage is reduced. Kinetic and incoming damage is not affected by this modifier.
- Attrition: Shield and health regeneration are slower, though enemies have a chance to drop pools of light which not only regenerate health, but charge the super meter as well.
- Timewarp – Anomalies: Blue, glowing cubes can be found and destroyed during the strike which adds 30 seconds to the mission timer.
The player challenges for this week are:
- Speed of Dark requires the fireteam to finish the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining on the clock.
- To earn Unbroken, the fireteam needs to complete the Nightfall with fewer than three deaths.
- The Faster Than Lighting challenge states that players must defeat 9 Shanks with melee attacks before defeating Thaviks.
Flashpoint Location and Treasure Maps
The place to be this week in Destiny 2 is Saturn’s moon, Titan. For those who may not know, Flashpoints require players to participate in a series of activities set on a specific location. Players gain access to them on the main campaign is wrapped up. Just as it was last week, these Flashpoint activities are focused on public events, so participating in them on Titan will fill a progress meter. To complete this task much faster, players will want to start on Heroic events, so make sure to consult this guide to find out how to trigger each one. Once players get to 100%, players should talk to Cayde-6 to receive a luminous planetary engram and Powerful Gear.
Speaking of Cayde-6, his five treasure maps this week also take players to Titan. While the rewards for these are random, players have reported that exotic engram have a chance to appear, so they’re more than worth doing each week. Here’s the general location of all five on the sinking station:
- Between Siren’s Watch and The Rig, players should look for a Tower with ’01’ labeled on it. Go inside and look for boxes inside to find the treasure chest in there as well.
- Located on The Rig, this treasure is fairly out in the open on a platform to the south-east of the landing zone behind a set of stairs.
- A third treasure is hiding deeper inside The Rig to the south. Look for a building with a low, blue roof with a large red sun over the entrance. Inside, run through a yellow glowing door with Hive growth on it, climb the stairs, and jump the gap to where the chest is located.
- The final two treasures are found in the Solarium. The first is found near some old control panels in the far left corner by the area where the Fallen patrol before players reach the colored wall. The second chest can be found just inside to the right of the colorful wall that has a long, red, vertical crack in it.
Leviathan Raid Encounter Order
After the Leviathan Raid launched this past week with clans fighting over who would be the first to complete it, Bungie intends to swap the encounter order around at each reset to help things continue to feel fresh. This week, the order is as follows:
- Pleasure Gardens/War Beasts
- Emperor Calus
Lord Shaxx Crucible Milestone
In what seems to be a weekly occurrence, Lord Shaxx has put out his Call to Arms for this week. Essentially, players simply need to participate in Crucible matches to fill a percentage meter to 100%. Winning isn’t necessary, but it will grant a bigger completion percentage once the match is over. Finishing up his weekly quest awards Powerful Gear, something that many fans target to help them quickly increase in power past the 260 mark.
Call to Arms – Win glory by participating in Crucible matches.
And that wraps up the first reset week, Guardians. Enjoy!
Destiny 2 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and launches for PC on October 24.