Over the past week, Destiny 2 players have been battling it out to see which faction is the best. Through Faction Rallies, fans had an opportunity to join one of three factions (Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, New Monarchy), and earn unique gear for their time and effort. While Bungie is waiting to reveal which faction came out on top, the winning side will be able to purchase their faction’s unique weapon for a massive discount. Even though the event is now coming to a close, it remains something that Bungie is planning to bring back periodically over time.
With the Faction Rally now at an end, many eyes have now turned to Lord Saladin who has yet to make his entrance in Destiny 2. Bungie has confirmed that the Iron Banner will be making its debut sometime in October, but details remain scarce outside of a potential leak which sees Saladin taking ownership of the mode once again, replacing Lady Efrideet from the Rise of Iron expansion. According to reports, a new Iron Banner milestone will reset every day and offer players new reputation bundles, effectively replacing the old bounty system from the first game.
WHile fans wait for Saladin to finally arrive, Bungie has hit the reset button once again in Destiny 2, giving players another seven days of opportunity to finish off new milestones in exchange for powerful gear and rewards. Here are the details on all of the new milestones, tasks, and events for the week of October 3, 2017.
Weekly Nightfall Strike
This week in the Nightfall, things return to normal as players once again have control over the much shorter clock unlike last week where it was set to a firm 22 minutes. Savathun’s Song is the strike of choice this week, taking players to Saturn’s Moon Titan to deal with plenty of Hive located there. Considering player loadouts are locked once the Nightfall begins, make sure to bring quick weapons like Auto Rifles and SMGs to deal with the large Hive crowds.
Unlike most of the other strikes, Savathun’s Song involves a bit of platforming at the very start of the mission. Hive enemies will spawn in to impede progress, but for the most part, this first section is fairly straightforward until you get to the door. At this point, the strike sends a few shielkded enemies at players including Wizards, Knights, and a Hungering Ogre mini-boss, so players should stay mobile to regenerate shields and health. Remember, taking cover while standing still won’t work this time.
Hive traps dot the next few corridors until the next large area is reached. At this point, Savathun’s Handmaiden appears along with scores of Hive. Use energy weapons and/or power weapons to make this fight go a lot faster. Additional ogres and knights line the hallways after this fight until players reach the next area where they need to destroy six Hive crystals. More Savathun’s Handmaiden will spawn, so communication is key during this section.
The final boss is fairly straightforward in that players need to unleash everything they have while avoiding the damaging darts of this oversized Shrieker. Players should keep their distance while managing the adds that spawn during each phase of the fight. Typically, spawn patterns are as follows: Acolytes on the right, the Ogres on the left, and Hive Wizards in the middle. Players will also occasionally need to pick up and deposit a ball of energy to force the boss to open up.
The active modifiers this week are:
- Momentum: Player health and shields no longer regenerate while standing still. Sprint to regain both.
- Timewarp – Anomalies: The Nightfall timer cannot be extended.
The player challenges for this week are:
- Speed of Dark requires the fireteam to finish the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining on the clock.
- To earn Unbroken, the fireteam needs to complete the Nightfall with fewer than three deaths.
- The Best Defense challenge requires that players shoot down 15 projectiles before defeating Savathuns Song
Flashpoint Location and Treasure Maps
With only so many areas to pick from each week, the cycle has reset as the weekly Flashpoint milestone is back in the European Dead Zone. As always, players can finish off these Flashpoint Milestones by simple participating in public events on a specific location each week. Each participation and victory adds a certain percentage to the quest milestone, with Heroic events earning the highest increase total. Once finished, players can visit Cayde-6 to earn a luminous planetary engram, which grants powerful gear for helping players advance above their current power level.
In addition, Cayde-6 also features five new treasure maps, which lead players to randomly generated treasure within the Flashpoint location. Players can expect a range of rewards for finding these chests from Cayde’s odds and ends, to exotic engrams.
Here are the five general locations this week in the EDZ:
- Two of the chests this week are closest to the Trostland landing zone, so start there. Head towards the Salt Mines entrances behind the church and the chest is fairly easy to spot sitting on top of crates through the hole in the brick wall.
- Continue deeper into the Salt Mines to find the second treasure in here. Run through the first two big areas, and down the long cavern corridor until you reacvh the third open space. Towards the back corner of the room, walk through a door and look up into the rafters where the chest is glowing and waiting.
- The next is between Trostland and the Outskirts, so the easiest way to find it would be to load into Trostland and immediately head to the right. The chest can be found sitting on a balcony of what appears to be an apartment complex. The defining marker to look for is a red banner with a bunny on it next to a broken stone wall.
- Head to the Winding Cove for the fourth treasure and follow the edge of the map to the right all the way to the marker on the minimap. The chest is out in the open next to a large rock.
- For the last treasure, head to the Sunken Isles and immediately jump down into the giant tunnel to the left. Continue to follow the long and winding path until you reach the first big room in an area known as The Tunnels. Head towards the back of the room near a couple of fans, where the chest can be found under the one furthest to the right.
Leviathan Raid Encounter Order
The Leviathan Raid order has once again been shuffled. Not only does this help keep the raid feeling fresh from week to week, it’s a great way for players to learn each section of the event even if they’re unable to fully complete it.
This week, the order is as follows:
- Pleasure Gardens/War Beasts
- Emperor Calus
Lord Shaxx Crucible Milestone
Players should be very familiar with this milestone, as it reappears int he same way each week. Basically, play somewhere between 4-5 Crucible matches from the Quickplay or Competitive playlists until the quest is complete. It doesn’t matter if the match is won or lost, simply playing is all that matters. Return to Shaxx to earn more powerful gear to boost that power level.
Call to Arms – Win glory by participating in Crucible matches.
And that’s all for this week, Guardians. Enjoy!
Destiny 2 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and launches for PC on October 24.